Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 
 
Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide
 
The time now is Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:21 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
[TRAILHEAD] Tom Tooman
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 19 of 56 [826 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, ..., 54, 55, 56  Next
Author Message
phyzix
Decorated

Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 231
Location: Florida

I made an alphabet to see if i can figure it out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:34 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Shiningfist
Unfettered

Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Posts: 316

phyzix wrote:
I made an alphabet to see if i can figure it out.


May we see it?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:35 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
phyzix
Decorated

Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 231
Location: Florida

Shiningfist wrote:
phyzix wrote:
I made an alphabet to see if i can figure it out.


May we see it?


I'm gonna see if i can install a scanner into this computer so I can upload it here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:36 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Shiningfist
Unfettered

Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Posts: 316

phyzix wrote:
Shiningfist wrote:
phyzix wrote:
I made an alphabet to see if i can figure it out.


May we see it?


I'm gonna see if i can install a scanner into this computer so I can upload it here.


Alright thanks. This is gonna make it A LOT easier!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:38 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
BrianEnigma
Entrenched


Joined: 05 Oct 2003
Posts: 1199
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: A number of possibilities

tygr20 wrote:
Maybe we can decipher the bar codes using this? Type an "a" in the box, "b", etc, until we've built an alphabet?

I've only spot-checked a few letters, but it looks like Morse Code represented as barcodes.
_________________
Y0 Resources / VP Wiki / PXC Catalog / Metacortex

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:41 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
sMooTH WuN
Entrenched


Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Posts: 936
Location: Boston, MA

well lookin solely at the blacks.. it looks like the alphabet goes like this:

A = Thin Black, Wide Black
B = Medium Black, Thin Black, Thin Black, Thin Black
C = Wide, Thin, Medium, Thin****
D = Medium, Thin, Thin
E = Thin
F = Thin, Thin, Medium, Thin
G = Medium, Medium, Thin
H = Thin, Thin, Thin, Thin
I = Thin, Thin
J = Thin, Medium, Medium, Medium
K = Medium, Thin, Medium
L = Thin, Medium, Thin, Thin
M = Wide, Medium
N = Medium, Thin
O = Medium, Medium, Medium
P = Thin, Medium, Medium, Thin
Q = Medium, Medium, Thin, Medium
R = Thin, Medium, Thin
S = Thin, Thin, Thin
T = Medium
U = Thin, Thin, Medium
V = Thin, Thin, Thin, Medium
W = Thin, Medium, Medium
X = Medium, Thin, Thin, Medium
Y = Medium, Thin, Medium, Medium
Z = Medium, Medium, Thin, Thin



if anyone notices anything wrong, feel free to correct it..


EDIT: Im guessing anyplace that may show a wide white stripe could be a space??
_________________
www.myspace.com/sm00thwun
E-Mail: Sm00thwunSPLATyahoo.com
AIM SN: Sm00thwun
Now Playing: The Human Pet*, Exiles, Grays Point
Waiting for: Invasion2, WITG?


PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:43 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
phyzix
Decorated

Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 231
Location: Florida

sMooTH WuN wrote:
well lookin solely at the blacks.. it looks like the alphabet goes like this:

A = Thin Black, Wide Black
B = Medium Black, Thin Black, Thin Black, Thin Black
C = Wide, Thin, Medium, Thin****
D = Medium, Thin, Thin
E = Thin
F = Thin, Thin, Medium, Thin
G = Medium, Medium, Thin
H = Thin, Thin, Thin, Thin
I = Thin, Thin
J = Thin, Medium, Medium, Medium
K = Medium, Thin, Medium
L = Thin, Medium, Thin, Thin
M = Wide, Medium
N = Medium, Thin
O = Medium, Medium, Medium
P = Thin, Medium, Medium, Thin
Q = Medium, Medium, Thin, Medium
R = Thin, Medium, Thin
S = Thin, Thin, Thin
T = Medium
U = Thin, Thin, Medium
V = Thin, Thin, Thin, Medium
W = Thin, Medium, Medium
X = Medium, Thin, Thin, Medium
Y = Medium, Thin, Medium, Medium
Z = Medium, Medium, Thin, Thin



if anyone notices anything wrong, feel free to correct it..


EDIT: Im guessing anyplace that may show a wide white stripe could be a space??


This is 100% correct i'm still going to see if i can upload an image of each letter so we can have a more visual guide.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:47 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Shiningfist
Unfettered

Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Posts: 316

GAH! I can't figure it out! It's sooooo freakin hard!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:49 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
sMooTH WuN
Entrenched


Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Posts: 936
Location: Boston, MA

thats a good idea phyzix



BTW on the barcodes, it looks to me like there are only two sizes of black, which makes me think that the "wides" could be a medium and a thin put together...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:49 pm
Last edited by sMooTH WuN on Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
DeadbyDawn
Unfettered


Joined: 16 Jul 2007
Posts: 678
Location: S Mart

Code

I went through the Alphabet and if "A" is the first letter then, the barcode cant be created.
The barcode is made up of ONLY two different sized bars. If "A" is the larger of the two bars then, No other letters use that size bar without using a third sized bar.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:53 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
phyzix
Decorated

Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 231
Location: Florida

darn i can't get the scanner to work. sorry guys. but what smooth wun put up is still very helpful.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:54 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
MerRabbit
Veteran


Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Posts: 126

I noticed the bar thickness problem
The whole barcode can be recreated using E and T but it didn't work for me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
sMooTH WuN
Entrenched


Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Posts: 936
Location: Boston, MA

could someone that can see the barcode better than me, possibly list , in order, the sizes of the black bars?

if we get the order, its only a matter of applying the code to the sequence...


EDIT: why do some of the bars look grey? was it just the scanner? this is screwing me up when i try to put the bars into sequence..

EDIT2: And remember:

wide whites = space (? u think?)

wide blacks = med + thin (? u think?)
_________________
www.myspace.com/sm00thwun
E-Mail: Sm00thwunSPLATyahoo.com
AIM SN: Sm00thwun
Now Playing: The Human Pet*, Exiles, Grays Point
Waiting for: Invasion2, WITG?


PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:58 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
phyzix
Decorated

Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 231
Location: Florida

the barcode sequence is

thin thick thin thin thick thin thin space thick thin thick thin thin thick thin thin thick thick thick thin thin thick thick thin thin.


I think this is correct.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:03 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
DeadbyDawn
Unfettered


Joined: 16 Jul 2007
Posts: 678
Location: S Mart

sMooTH WuN wrote:
could someone that can see the barcode better than me, possibly list , in order, the sizes of the black bars?

if we get the order, its only a matter of applying the code to the sequence...


EDIT: why do some of the bars look grey? was it just the scanner? this is screwing me up when i try to put the bars into sequence..

EDIT2: And remember:

wide whites = space (? u think?)

wide blacks = med + thin (? u think?)


From what I can tell, the screen automatically puts a thin white between letter so, you cant combine a med. black with a thin black.

Assuming the Loarge bar in the "A" isn't usable, the usable letters are: D, E, F, G, I, J, K, L, N, O, P, R, T, U, W, X, and Z.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:06 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 19 of 56 [826 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, ..., 54, 55, 56  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group