Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:23 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Perplex City » PXC: Project Syzygy Pre-Game
Project Syzygy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 7 of 23 [333 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 21, 22, 23  Next
krysbabe

Here is the webpage for marketing week:
http://www.mad.co.uk/publication/mw/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:24 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
g_rott
Boot

From what i've found on online journals, which list only the magazines articles it's in the jobs or advertising section (if it is 9/11/2003, page 60). i can, hopefully!!, get to a physical copy of that journal, which should have to jobs section.
g_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:39 am
Varin
I Have No Life

Re: Alison.rtf

g_rott wrote:
Just read the alison file again and it's changed.

Just in case it changes, I figured I'd archive this here. Here's what the quote looks like with the numbers...

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
'i7 re5t6urn8e11d, a2nd saw10 unde12r3 the sun, that the race is not to
the swift,
nor the battle to the strong9, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet
riches
to m1en of understanding, nor yet favour to men of sk413ill; but time
and chance
happeneth to them all.

page 60'.

"meta meta meta, I made you out of play..." ~ j5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:15 am
krysbabe

Adrian is in channel.. i asked him a couple of questions concerning the alison.rtf update:

<krystal> well hello Smile
[09:48] <AdrianHon> Hi!
[09:48] <krystal> i hope you are well today
[09:49] <AdrianHon> I am
[09:49] <krystal> good
[09:49] <krystal> found the update to alison.rtf
[09:49] <AdrianHon> I noticed
[09:49] <krystal> Razz
[09:49] <AdrianHon> Almost there
[09:49] <krystal> yeah!
[09:51] <krystal> so 2oc4o.ptxt have anything to do with the new update?
[09:51] <krystal> ?
[09:51] <AdrianHon> No, forget about that
[09:51] <krystal> good
[09:51] <krystal> was still trying to figure that one out
[09:52] <krystal> i've come to the conclusion if its too simple i wont get it.. it has to be complicated Razz
[09:52] <AdrianHon> Yeah
[09:52] <AdrianHon> You guys are crazy
[09:53] <krystal> so since this new update has nothing to do with 2oc4o.ptxt i'm assuming then we are still missing out on something else?
[09:53] <AdrianHon> No, I would rather you forget about everything before this new puzzle
[09:53] <krystal> ok
[09:54] <AdrianHon> I'm sure it will all be explained in due course, but for now don't bother with it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:04 pm
Semioclast
Boot

From Adrian today:

Quote:
<Semioclast> I feel kind of bad that you had to smack us accross the face, practically
<AdrianHon> Ah
<AdrianHon> Well, there were mistakes on both ends
* Semioclast cannot help but notice Adrian seems to be logged in from Oxford
<AdrianHon> I think you'll be pleased with where this mini puzzle eventually leads
<AdrianHon> One last clue about the puzzle, because I feel I partly messed you guys about on the 2oc4o: page 60 will only apply for two or three more days.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:56 pm
Sunny du Pree
Unfettered

Re: STUPID STUPID STUPID!!

Hello
I wonder if anyone could explain this puzzle to me in plain words so that I can understand what is going on.
Speaking of stupid lelellelele
But I have tried to follow this and I dont even know how this was researched and what I am looking at..
what are the programs that were used...
if anyone has the time to explain this I would most greatly appreciate it!! Embarassed Laughing Embarassed

AnthraX101 wrote:
Giskard wrote:
BriEnigma wrote:
Does this URL deserve revisiting? Either it is doing something different now or it was overlooked. Instead of the generic "p a r e i d o l i a" message with no background, I am now seeing a text file containing:

Code:
2oc40:ptxt
2oc-0:ptxt

Definitely weird... if we treat this as legit/in-game for the moment, what bugs me is that it shows on screen like this:

Code:
2oc40:ptxt 2oc-0:ptxt

because the source is just a non-HTML tagged plain-text file, but in the source, the two are underneath eachother, which kinda puts the focus on the dash in the place of the 4, which makes me wonder what significance that 4 has. Before, it was 2oc3o, which has been corrected, but I wonder if it was perhaps intentionally shown first, also to stress the importance of the 4?

That would be because the file on the website uses 0x0A as a line delimiter. This is the standard in *nix based systems. Windows based systems generaly use 0x0D0A, and Mac based systems use 0x0D. I'm not sure how true this is anymore, especially due to OS X.

AnthraX101

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:03 pm

Re: STUPID STUPID STUPID!!

Sunny du Pree wrote:
Hello
I wonder if anyone could explain this puzzle to me in plain words so that I can understand what is going on.
Speaking of stupid lelellelele
But I have tried to follow this and I dont even know how this was researched and what I am looking at..
what are the programs that were used...
if anyone has the time to explain this I would most greatly appreciate it!! Embarassed Laughing Embarassed

*snip*

Don't worry about what I said, we have been told by the PMs that all that doesn't matter anymore. All I was saying was that the file was created on another machine then we were using, and that was causing it to look funny.

What happened today is that the file changed. It is a bible passage, interspaced with numbers. If you look to the left of each number, and put them in order, it spells out "marketing week". That's more or less where we are now. Smile

AnthraX101

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:15 pm
epthesus
Greenhorn

Hey guys,

Am new to this type of game, only stumbled over it through reading the Guardian on Monday 15th March 2004(UK newspaper). It was an advert in the job section of the Media Guardian, which has led me here and am now thoroughly intrigued. I was just looking for a job but found an adventure instead!

Anyway here's the advert/code

“EVER SEEN ‘THE GAME’ STARRING MICHEAL DOUGLAS”

CICV EFZJEBCD QEOOEBJ YCTEBD OTC MSVOZEB TCUAEBJ MVZRO Z GLVUD-MTZBJEBJ, JULYC-QAZBBEBJ EFFCVQEIC OVCZQSVC TSBO?

GC’VC MVCZOEBJ Z MLFAUCOCUK BCG OKAC LR JZFC. KLS AUZK CICVKGTCVC. MUSCQ QSVVLSBD KLS EB BCGQAZACVQ, FZJZXEBCQ, REUFQ, YLLHQ, IEDCL JZFCQ, IEZ OWO ZBD ZMVLQQ Z QAVZGUEBJ FZXC LR GCYQEOCQ. GTLF MZB KLS OVSQO? GTCVC DLCQ RZBOZQK CBD ZBD VCZUEOK YCJEB?

KLS’IC AZQQCD OTC REVQO QOZJC. BLG RLUULG OTC GTEOC VZYYEO:

GGG.AVLPCMOQKXKJK.MLF

Then in mirror was:

QCC FZVHCOEBJ GCCH 11/03/04.

which i translated to

Ever imagined sitting behind the curtain helping craft a world changing, globe spanning immersive treasure hunt?

We’re creating a completely new type of game you play everywhere clues-surround you in newspapers, magazines, films, books video games via txt and across a spanning maze of websites. Whom can you trust? Where does fantasy end and reality begin?

You’ve passed the first test stage now follow the white rabbit.

www.projectsyzygy.com

see marketing week page 60 11/03/04.

which obviously leads us to the same direction as you guys. Will look out for a copy tomorrow and see what the next instalment is, if i can find out

epthesus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:34 pm
 ICQ Number 

Quote:
<AdrianHon> One last clue about the puzzle, because I feel I partly messed you guys about on the 2oc4o: page 60 will only apply for two or three more days.

Meaning it's in this week's Marketing Week, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:43 pm
g_rott
Boot

Good job with it being this weeks edition, i spent a half hour scouring the periodicals i can get my hands on and could only get up to April 19th of this year... still shall find it in the morning regardless.
g_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:01 pm
Semioclast
Boot

From Geist via #syzygy:
guardianad15.03.04.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   174.38KB
 Viewed   557 Time(s)

guardianad15.03.04.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:42 pm
Giskard
Sassypants

epthesus wrote:
Hey guys,

Am new to this type of game, only stumbled over it through reading the Guardian on Monday 15th March 2004(UK newspaper). It was an advert in the job section of the Media Guardian, which has led me here and am now thoroughly intrigued. I was just looking for a job but found an adventure instead!

[...]

which obviously leads us to the same direction as you guys. Will look out for a copy tomorrow and see what the next instalment is, if i can find out

epthesus

Hi Epthesus, welcome to uF! Nice solve on the Guardian ad. Hope you can find the Marketing Week, because there's not a lot of Brittish people playing atm, as far as I can tell Sad

FYI, the game is also being discussed on IRC, irc.chat-solutions.org, #syzygy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:26 pm
 ICQ Number 
enaxor
I Have No Life

epthesus wrote:
Hey guys,

Welcome epthesus, you have no idea what you're getting into. Wink You will never sleep again. Thanks for posting what you found. We were having a hard time getting a copy of The Guardian and are still looking and waiting for someone to get Marketing Week.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:28 pm

marketing week

hi all,

enjoyed reading the results of your investigations over the last weeks. like ephthesus i'm completely new to this concept and i too discovered it by cracking the code in today's guardian.

that got my curiousity up, so i picked up a copy of marketing week this afternoon.

here's the marketing week ad: http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~se3uk/syzygy/game1.jpg

the text in the main body of the ad is identical to the guardian except for a couple of extra words (it mentions that the game will be played by "txt" - which i presume is sms text message) - probably dropped for space since the guardian ad is smaller.

however, there are two notable differences. one is a short message printed on the side of the ad: http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~se3uk/syzygy/game3.jpg

this is not in the same code as the main text and, as yet, i don't know the solution.

and below that, printed backwards, is a long string of letters and numbers. i've flipped it to make it easier to read here: http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~se3uk/syzygy/game2.jpg

again that has me baffled, so i hope it means something to you guys.

i'm fascinated by this game but i think i have a lot of catching up to do! can i congratulate you all on being so inclusive - the tone of this thread is thoroughly amicable, very different from a lot of web groups i've seen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:50 pm
se3_uk
Kilroy

btw, forgot to login before posting the marketing week stuff so i ended up as 'guest'

good luck with the hunt!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:54 pm
Page 7 of 23 [333 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 21, 22, 23  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Perplex City » PXC: Project Syzygy Pre-Game
Jump to: