Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:20 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Perplex City » PXC: Project Syzygy Pre-Game
Project Syzygy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 23 [333 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 21, 22, 23  Next
SpaceBass
The BADministrator

Incidentally, Michael Acton Smith and Tom Boardman are the co-founders of firebox.com, a hot-gadget online store which began life as hotbox.co.uk in 1998 and relaunched under the current domain in '99. There's an interesting article at the Egremont Group that talks some about their success in recognizing innovation and creating markets. Starting to see why dan and adrian are so excited about this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:37 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Omnie
Entrenched

Diandra wrote:
Hint:

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
This number 0670875597 on the post-it note is an ISBN number. (My specialty since the Acheron pre-game.)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0670875597/202-3393374-2964617

Dia

Could the other three be pointing to page --> line --> word? Anyone have the book?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:20 pm
Diandra
Unfettered

Omnie wrote:

Could the other three be pointing to page --> line --> word? Anyone have the book?

Since you asked, I updated my original post.

Dia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:21 pm
yanka
Fickle

For some reason I think "syzygy" stands for "delete"

Anyway, there is a woman's voice saying something all the way at the end of the sound clip on the popup (5:48 ). It's probably just a finishing effect, but by now I've listened to it so many times that it sounds to me like she says "If you wanna [find? hide?]... "
sound1.zip
Description 
zip

Download 
Filename  sound1.zip 
Filesize  691.08KB 
Downloaded  620 Time(s) 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:55 pm
Caterpillar
Unfictologist

yanka wrote:

Def: the straight-line configuration between three celestial bodies

Wasn't this what Atari called themselves before losing one of the "3" and becoming Atari?

Edit: Yup...I only just read that little piece of info last week on my search for something or other...but apparently I think they liked the name because of the connection to the "3" of them (3 celestial bodies), but when one pulled out the other two tried to reg. the name later on and it was already taken.

Info probably worth nothing, but I'm a virtual plethora of nothingness sometimes...lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:49 pm
Diandra
Unfettered

I bet I know where you read that, Cat. It was the answer to last year's GamePro Enigma. Wink

Dia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:51 am
Caterpillar
Unfictologist

Funny enough....I thought I only came upon it last week while looking for some non existent cheats for a game my son rented (although how I ended up with it I dunno)....lol....therefore you could be right. Very Happy

EDIT* _ The more I think about it, you are exactly right!

PS...anyone notice the little white "S" above the word "web" in the second page of the pop-up? I can't do anything with it, so it's probably nothing, but seems odd so thought I'd mention it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:50 pm
yanka
Fickle

Caterpillar wrote:
yanka wrote:

Def: the straight-line configuration between three celestial bodies

Ooops, then Embarassed

I just got a response from them [edit] I sent an e-mail to the "if you want to just play the game" address [/edit]:
Quote:
Hello

This is an autorespond to say thanks very much for your email and interest
in PS.

As promised we’ll be back in touch on the eve of the launch (late 2004)
and we’ll be able to go into much greater detail then.

Your early interest and patience will be rewarded.

Yours enigmatically,

The PS team

Late 2004? Wah, I wish it would start NOW!! What's this about rewarding for patience?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:53 pm
lady j
Boot

Hello all. I hope you'll tolerate a newbie in here. I've been interested in ARGs for years now, but never had the time to learn the skills to play them. No more. I want in. And this game -- even though there's almost a year's wait to launch -- looks like it's going to be amazing.

So. I'll do my best to keep up, without constantly asking questions that have (to you) obvious answers. But in this lull before the game starts, I'd like to pick your brains.

For instance, what editing program/technique did you use, xnbomb, to make the post-it and braile so readable?

I guess that's it for now. I'll go peruse the online tools section and hopefully come back a new 'n improved player. Cheerio.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:17 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
lady j
Boot

Also, don't know if this is worth mentioning, but it seems all details usually have a purpose in these games -- and I haven't seen this one mentioned yet.

On the pop-up with the call for behind-the-curtain talent, the luggage tag in the corner is:

TO: LH (last letter not shown)
SQ0318
VIA: SIN
SQ0218

SIN is Changi International Airport in Singapore

the only two airport codes that begin with LH are:
LHE - Lahore, Pakistan
LHR - London, England - Heathrow

The six-digit code beneath each airport code traditionally translates to the initials of the carrier followed by the flight number.

SQ seems to be the carrier initials for either Singapore Airlines or Singapore Airlines Cargo. (Same company?)

Singapore Airline's site indicates that SQ318 is a Singapore-Heathrow flight; 218 is a Melbourne-Singapore flight. So the piece of luggage attached to this tag seems to have gone from Melbourne to Singapore to London. Yes?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:20 am
peter_magenheimer
Veteran

Darn... I went to the site, solved the mini-puzzle, and came here to tell everyone, but, alas, I was too slow. As usual. Darn.

lady j wrote:
For instance, what editing program/technique did you use, xnbomb, to make the post-it and braile so readable?

Right click on the Flash and select "Zoom In". Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:54 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
xnbomb
Unfettered

Zooming Flash

lady j wrote:

Elaborating slightly on what Peter posted:

There are two versions of the Syzygy popupwindow, one that uses Flash and the other HTML. Looking at the Flash version, I right-clicked on the interesting spots and used the 'Zoom In' feature on Flash Player 6. It looks to me like the original background image in the popwindow is bigger than the popwindow itself, so when you zoom in, you're really just seeing it at its original resolution. I then used a screen capture program (in this case a really old Paint Shop Pro, V2.0) to capture the zoomed in images.

There could be other (easier) ways to get at that image in its full resolution. Elsewhere in this thread, people have explored the directory where the html version of these pages are sourced ... perhaps the image is in there somewhere too.

Welcome aboard lady j Very Happy

{J302B S8JDC, 8996N M8L4W, 92D40 Q1JX5, 4PPRN R2B97, 8DC7C NZJNV, 8CH7V Q891H}

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:20 pm
lady j
Boot

1. duh.

2. thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:10 am
yanka
Fickle

There is some new stuff here... though I'm not sure we are supposed to look at it, especially now that perplexcity is all protected... What is "ptxt" - is it something used to compress text?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:20 pm
Nursie
Boot

Not entirely sure on the ptxt but is either something to do with perl/php or a Pointer to Text

Hmm. Google confused me further.......

I can't see a file in there ending in a ptxt extension, but if the question is about a file with that extension then it would seem to be a perl script.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:42 am
Page 2 of 23 [333 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 21, 22, 23  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Perplex City » PXC: Project Syzygy Pre-Game
Jump to: