Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:29 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Ephemeral » ARG: Year Zero
[LOCKED] [TRAILHEAD] NIN "Year Zero" ARG or ARGish happening?
Moderators: BrianEnigma, chippy, konamouse, ndemeter
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 21 of 22 [328 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
chippyModerator
Entrenched

also, the http://www.thewaterturnedtoblood.net pw has been found:
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
pw: Ephesians 6:12 from transcript http://www.thewaterturnedtoblood.net/bridge.htm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:21 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply with quote Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
winfall
Boot

What is this pw for?

edit: It's that popup password box that I can't seem to find. Does it lead to that page in the spoiler?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:46 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shad0
I Have No Life

Re: [NIN] Nine Inch Nails "Year Zero" ARG or ARGish happenin
New codes

winfall wrote:
Website found: http://www.thewaterturnedtoblood.net/

24.16.1 in black text, in the middle near the top. Also 24.16.3 in white-on-white text in the top left corner of bridge.html

winfall wrote:
edit: also, http://www.judsonogram.net/

24.16.2 in white-on-white text, on the left about halfway down.

wrote:
also http://www.cedocore.com/

24.18.1 in blue-on-blue text, in the center under the first picture.

(By the way, I got a 30 on the Prozira quiz, and was advised to sedate myself until the authorities arrived. Mr. Green And the disclaimer is hilarious.)
These were the puzzles that would take a day, these were puzzles that would take a week, and these puzzles they'd probably never figure out until we broke down and gave them the answers. ... The Cloudmakers solved all of these puzzles on the first day.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:46 pm
chippyModerator
Entrenched

24.16.4 is from the video - from the bottom right hand corner on some cams

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:51 pm
konamouseModerator
Official uF Dietitian

Archiving Stuff

I've spent hours tonight getting copies of all the stuff (just in case it disappears). Most is found on my flickr.

I haven't figured the best way to archive BetheHammer yet (since it's all text and no pictures).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:56 am
shurikt
Boot

winfall wrote:
What is this pw for?

edit: It's that popup password box that I can't seem to find. Does it lead to that page in the spoiler?

Yes.

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Click the falling car in the picture.

the last fortress | 17:23:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:42 pm
twisted
Greenhorn

Hurricane Boaz?

Sticking with the biblical themes here, I don't think the name of the hurricane that caused the red tide should go unnoticed. Not exactly sure of any significance from the story of Boaz in the old testament. Boaz is also the name of one of the two pillars of King Soloman's Temple. The other pillar is Jachin. These two pillars are present in all Masonic lodges as well. They can be also be found on the High Priestess Tarot card (at least on the Rider-Waite) to either side labeled with a B and a J. Probably really starting to do too much a brain dump here for this topic, but in some legends the Messiah was two people, a kingly (Jesus) and a priestly (John the Baptist) messiah. Just for grins, HIram Abiff is a key figure in Masonry. Their legend (it's not in the bible) says he was the lead builder of the temple. Maybe we'll be seeing more of these historic figures in things to come. Maybe the Masons play a part in Year Zero? Again, don't know if their is any significance at all, but I figured I'd throw it out there FYI just in case.

Oh yeah, Boaz is in the bloodline of Jesus.

EDIT: hmm, looking back on it John of Boston/John the Baptist? He did baptize the doc after all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:17 pm
Sonrisa
Boot

Medication Quiz

This is fun and very amusing, especially with all the 'Thirsy' options. If you pick all the 'thirsty/get a drink' options you get a low score. I got an 8 which said I'm basically fine, but my job may be at risk.

Keep drinking the water and your world is perfect! Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:36 pm
Soup4Brains
Boot

Is there any significance to the writing on the door where the band is playing in the video?

I love how the video incorporates so much of what we know about Year Zero, with the Resistance flags and the woman doing Opal.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:07 am
rimpy
Kilroy

I think the text on the door is a Bible verse: Revolutions 18:3-4, which in the Bible I used as reference says:
3 "For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the passion of her immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed acts of immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich by the wealth of her sensuality."
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, "Come out of her, my people, that you may not participate in her sins and that you may not receive of her plagues;
I don't know how significant this is to the game, but it's quite brilliant as an allusion given the lyrics of Survivalism. The Bible verse (especially chapter 3) goes hand-in-hand very well with the song.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:28 am
Jabba
Decorated

rimpy wrote:
I think the text on the door is a Bible verse: Revolutions 18:3-4, which in the Bible I used as reference says:
3 "For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the passion of her immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed acts of immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich by the wealth of her sensuality."
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, "Come out of her, my people, that you may not participate in her sins and that you may not receive of her plagues;
I don't know how significant this is to the game, but it's quite brilliant as an allusion given the lyrics of Survivalism. The Bible verse (especially chapter 3) goes hand-in-hand very well with the song.

that is fantastic. wish i could think of big clever words to describe how... wait i got some... multifaceted, political and in-your-face-you're-raping-the-earth TR is with these lyrics. he is a god! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:53 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
binky_bear

Neo movement
NiN ARG list of links

i saw a link to a compilation of many many NiN videos around this rock opera here...
http://ReadMyloveStory.com just see the Plog and reAD the Blog on the amazon page for more details

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:10 pm
konamouseModerator
Official uF Dietitian

Judson Ogram

In reviewing this site I was trying to figure out where they came up with the name Judson Ogram. "Founded in compliance with Ogram's Law"....

Have we seen this law mentioned before? Seems to be a place for teens or that target 18-29 yo demographic, with some younger boys (after all, the choir is for age 13-17).

But in researching this today, I noticed the name - Jud sonogram.
Sonogram. Hmmm.... not sure if it means anything. But Ogram doesn't really mean anything either.

Just typing out loud.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:14 pm
konamouseModerator
Official uF Dietitian

Sunday Update

http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/viewtopic.php?p=876162#876162
Tonight at the Brixton show there were lots of yellow AIR flyers attached to all the railings.
Leading to an address with billboards/murals, leading to two new websites:
http://www.operationchipsweep.net/
http://www.operationswamp0000.net/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:55 pm
Caspian
Decorated

Jumping in

After trying to get caught up over the last week, I think I'm officially hooked. I've been looking to get back into an ARG and this one looks fascinating. Hopefully my real life won't keep me from participating too much.

Websites from the future I can buy with a little suspension of disbelief. Websites intentionally sent from the future by physicists experimenting in quantum entanglement? Now that's a hook!

Thanks to everyone who's been documenting this game thus far!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:12 pm
Page 21 of 22 [328 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Ephemeral » ARG: Year Zero
Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum