Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:42 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: General/Updates
[UPDATE] Ethan Blog Entry [Nov 19]
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Giskard
Sassypants

[UPDATE] Ethan Blog Entry [Nov 19]

Omg!!

Ethan found Jesse... and we finally get to know what whappened to Jesse and his parents! Among a lot of other things, it confirms that Ethan & Dina are/were Ryan and Sylvie, Jesse's foster parents, and NOT James and Lynne (his real parents)!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:23 pm
 ICQ Number 
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Insomniac
Decorated

Quote:

November 19, 2003
Dina
Dina, I know what I’ve been told, but I’m just still clinging to desperate hope, so I write this in case somehow, some way, you’ll be able to see it. It's some small comfort to me now to write to you as if you will read it, no matter how much reality wants to tell me otherwise. I imagine you waking up at 4 AM and checking to see if I'd written you. I always loved that feeling. This has all been so crazy, but I’ll do my best to make some sense out of it. Life went so quickly from being normal, even mundane, to a nightmare of confusion that I’m still trying to make sense out of. Ok, mustn't ramble.

First and most importantly: Jesse. I’m actually sitting here next to him now! I followed the directions we were given, and found myself here at a campground in the slush about an hour or two from Redland. I arrived this morning, and have learned the truth, finally. At least the truth as Jesse knows it.

Jesse’s a great-looking kid, around 16 I’d say. He’s a genius, apparently, with computers. A while back, while hacking around, he stumbled upon something that he shouldn’t have, something to do with a huge computer system that oversees everything, basically. I don’t even come close to understanding what he told me, but suffice it to say that it was huge, and it set everything that led to where we are now into motion.

Jesse turned to his father, who was a bigwig at a computer company for help. After looking into things, dad called Jesse and said he needed to meet with him and his mother right away. To make a long story short, somebody was waiting for them, and his parents were taken into custody, and Jesse was able to escape using his mother’s car.

He didn’t know where to turn, where to go to be safe. He found himself driving out to his parents’ best friends’ home. There, he found refuge, a place of relative safety. He told the couple what had happened, showed them some pictures he’d been able to take, and they let him stay with them until they could figure out what to do. Keeping a low profile as best they could, they discovered that Jesse’s father’s company was in on things, somehow, covering up his disappearance with a concocted story of his retirement, which they knew not to be true. Jesse and his guardians continued to try to discover what had happened to his parents, when their time ran out.

One night, men came to the house and took the couple into custody. Jesse again was able to avoid capture and went on the run again, finally hooking up with some sort of cyber gang, who lived in the shadows, always on the move.

While with the gang, he was able to discover the fate of the couple he’d been staying with. They had somehow been given new identities and had been moved to another city, and incredibly, with no memories of what had happened. From his place in the shadows, Jesse was able to keep tabs on the couple, and took steps to make sure they would never find out about him or their past, for their own safety.

That couple was you and me, Dina. Jesse knew us as Ryan and Sylvie Emerson. Ryan was a successful architect, Sylvie was a gifted artist (no surprise to me now, really). We had been good friends of his parents, James and Lynne Avery. We aren’t Jesse’s parents, we never were, but we sort of became his foster parents for a time.

The very thing Jesse was trying to prevent came true. We found out about him and our previous lives. Because of that, we once again became targets of those who are behind this whole thing. We pursued a path that Jesse desperately was trying to steer us away from, but in the end he was unsuccessful. We found our former selves. We found him. We found our nightmare.

So, I’m not sure what my future is. I’ve lost you, I’ve lost the son I thought I had, I’ve lost everything. I’m assured that if I return home, there will be more tragedy awaiting me. So I find myself a fugitive. A fugitive from my own past.

The good news is that Jesse and his friends may be able to help me. I’m not entirely sure of what they are offering me, but I really don’t see a choice but to join up with them. They seem to be a trustworthy, loyal bunch, which is good, as I really have nowhere else to turn.

Well, I need to give up the computer now. I hope to write again to you soon, Dina. I hope you can find your way to this message in a cyber bottle somehow. I miss you so much; I can’t even express my grief at losing you. Thank you for your love, your companionship, the great life we lived together. You were God’s gift to me, which I didn’t even come close to deserving. I would have easily given myself for you, had I had that chance.

I will love you Dina. Always.

Ethan

Posted by Ethan at 04:16 PM

dun dun duh...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:27 pm
King Mob
Decorated

It's always the obvious answer isn't it?
But, the question remains - what exactly did AI Man do to James and Lynne, and why, and more importantly what was the result, of it going wrong?
And if Jesse was trying to steer the Emersons/Nekodas away from danger, why not post them on s/heismissing? Surely they were in far more danger than his parents were by that time?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:33 pm
Moriar
Boot

King Mob wrote:
But, the question remains - what exactly did AI Man do to James and Lynne, and why, and more importantly what was the result, of it going wrong?

My VERY wild spec...

James and Lynne are now in a sort of limbo... maybe inside AIman.

They just have to find their bodies ( being kept captive from an agent ( or monitor ) to fix everything...

Well... i warned you it was VERY wild Wink

Signature to be updated

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:56 pm
 ICQ Number 
BrianEnigma
Entrenched

King Mob wrote:
And if Jesse was trying to steer the Emersons/Nekodas away from danger, why not post them on s/heismissing? Surely they were in far more danger than his parents were by that time?

...and how does Kat and The Aquapolis fit into it?
Where is Dina?
Can James, Lynne, and Dina be found/saved?
How are they going to outrun/overpower the Monitors?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:02 pm
yeahyeah
Decorated

so what confuses me, is if s/heismissing.info are the averys, then why did scratch go and find the wrong people? Also, if Jesse knew where his foster parents (emerson/nekodas) were, why wouldn't he of smacked scratch upside the head for looking/finding them..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:06 pm
Marauder
Veteran

Jesse's story sounds like Kid's Story to me...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:08 pm
yeahyeah
Decorated

in response to the above by me:

BrianEnigma: Maybe Scratch simply saw the Nekodas website?
Giskard: as the urchins-group had access (as it seems) to all USH hosted sites, that wouldn't be strange

My plot hole has been plugged.. Jeeze, that sounds dirty..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:10 pm
Last edited by yeahyeah on Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
chancesend
Veteran

My big question of the day:

What or where is this site that Jesse found that oversees the goings-on of the world? Is it just me, or does anyone think that this site might possibly exist? Could it be deep inside MetaCortechs?

I'm putting my thinking cap on...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:19 pm
Giskard
Sassypants

chancesend wrote:
My big question of the day:

What or where is this site that Jesse found that oversees the goings-on of the world? Is it just me, or does anyone think that this site might possibly exist? Could it be deep inside MetaCortechs?

I'm putting my thinking cap on...

Ethan refers to it as a computer-system rather than a site, which makes me think something more along the lines of Matrix-like control system... , but then again, how can you "stumble" upon a Matrix-like thing??

I wish we had Jesse's AIM instead of Beths... we need some real answers! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:26 pm
 ICQ Number 
Insomniac
Decorated

Giskard wrote:

I wish we had Jesse's AIM instead of Beths... we need some real answers! Smile

Damn straight! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:28 pm
xnbomb
Unfettered

Scratch and Jesse

yeahyeah wrote:
so what confuses me, is if s/heismissing.info are the averys, then why did scratch go and find the wrong people? Also, if Jesse knew where his foster parents (emerson/nekodas) were, why wouldn't he of smacked scratch upside the head for looking/finding them..

It sounds like Scratch never met Jesse's parents before all the weirdness began. It's possible that Jesse and Scratch only met after Jesse had fled from the Emersons' place when they came for them (EDIT: ChainedLightning makes a good point: Perhaps Scratch knew Jesse once he was with the Emersons ... it would explain why he would meet the Nekodas and think he had found Jesse's parents, since Scratch may have known the Emersons as Jesse's parents). Jesse kept the fact he was looking for his parents as secret as possible from the hackers. Scratch found out about Jesse's search for the Averys in spite of Jesse's best efforts. Then Scratch started looking on the net and found the missingjesse page, and he assumed that the Nekodas were the parents Jesse was looking for since they seemed to be looking for Jesse (and he didn't know Jesse had another set of 'parents' out there. EDIT: Or for the reason cited above).

I think Jesse is indeed very mad at Scratch for what he did ... Jesse's actions make a lot more sense now. Jesse didn't want to tell the hackers anything because he believed that it would be dangerous for them to know, just as it is for him, and it was for the Averys and Emersons. Scratch's insatiable curiousity, in combination with Jesse's necessary secrecy, may have killed Dina/Sylvia (or at least consigned her to whatever fate befell James and Lynne). Scratch was well meaning, but foolish because he was sure he knew more than Jesse, when he in fact did not.

{J302B S8JDC, 8996N M8L4W, 92D40 Q1JX5, 4PPRN R2B97, 8DC7C NZJNV, 8CH7V Q891H}

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:52 pm
Last edited by xnbomb on Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
ChainedLightning
Veteran

Re: Scratch and Jesse

xnbomb wrote:
It sounds like Scratch never met Jesse's parents before all the weirdness began. It's possible that Jesse and Scratch only met after Jesse had fled from the Emersons' place when they came for them.

I agree with everything except this part... when Caesar talked about the Seizure he had, and how he was offline for five days he talked about Scratch giving him a hard time for it.

But, this part isn't all that important in order for everything else to make sense.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:59 pm
yeahyeah
Decorated

Re: Scratch and Jesse

ChainedLightning wrote:
xnbomb wrote:
It sounds like Scratch never met Jesse's parents before all the weirdness began. It's possible that Jesse and Scratch only met after Jesse had fled from the Emersons' place when they came for them.

I agree with everything except this part... when Caesar talked about the Seizure he had, and how he was offline for five days he talked about Scratch giving him a hard time for it.

But, this part isn't all that important in order for everything else to make sense.

I give my friends a hard time (online) when they havn't been online in awhile. But as you said, it doesn't matter.. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:06 pm
yanka
Fickle

yeahyeah wrote:

I think Scratch might know/suspect where the real parents might be. Actually, I'm going over to the wild random speculation thread to make a wild random speculation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:17 pm
Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: General/Updates
Jump to: