Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:54 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: General/Updates
[UPDATE] Phil's Metadex [Nov 18]
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
Semioclast
Boot

[UPDATE] Phil's Metadex [Nov 18]

I looked and it seemed that this hadn't been posted yet so I thought I would give it a shot:

Quote:
Email from emc2SPLATmetadex.net
Date: 11/18/03 18:25
Subject: let me explain

Phil,

Iím sorry about that last email. I just really need someone to talk to. Someone that might be able to understand. Iím sorry to dump this all in an email but I really just need to get it out.

I learned from someone that Marcus had information on James. I knew that he did; I saw that file. I needed to know what was in there. You know that Iíve been trying to think of some way to talk to him about it. Well, I broke down and just emailed him and told him that I needed answers. He came down here today, with his file. He explained that James just disappeared without a trace. He had all of this stuff from right before James Ďretiredí and then nothing really after. There was no body, no paperwork. He told me that he suspected it was some work conspiracy or something. I donít know. It didnít make sense. It just didnít fit right. He told me that he was sorry and that he wished that he had more. He told me to not talk about it or talk about how close I was to James that I just needed to accept the stories as they were and to move on, that I needed to let go. I thought he was right. But then he gave me the file. He knew that Iíd need to go over it all. I told him that Iíd be back at work next week and he left.

This is where everything falls apart. I just donít understand it. I went to the table and was going through the file. There were so many little memories and I was a little upset. I donít know if I told you about everything that has happened here but I figured out that this guy is a type of computer program--as if that makes sense in and of itself. Heís a garbage collector, something I use all the time with work. I donít expect you to understand. Itís a type of memory management that recycles memory. So when a computer no longer needs to access something, the garbage collector basically gets rid of it. Well he was (is?) not working properly.

So Iím sitting here going through this file and he comes over to me and I start explaining the situation because I had to talk to somebody. As I was explaining this to him, I was looking at the files, pointing to pictures and notes and things. Then I looked up at him to say something and something was different. I mean he was the same but he had changed somehow. He knew this stuff. He knew James. He was responsible for, I suppose, cleaning up after James and Lynne, but something went wrong. I donít know what is harder for me to understand right now, that James and Lynne are dead and have been for some time or that a computer program had a responsibility to remove all traces of them. I thought that I was okay with all of this. I thought that I could deal with it. I think that Iím losing my mind. I mean this canít be real, can it? I just need to see a real person. I just need you to come and tell me that itís all a dream (a nightmare?) and that Iíll wake up soon.

I think I need to go for a walk. I need to get away. But now someone's coming up the road. I can't take any more Phil. Iím telling you, this is too much. Please call me.

Beth

If this has been discussed (I DID search for it!), please delete this topic.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:32 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Insomniac
Decorated

Avery = unplugged?

No/Yes... something else going on?
Confused

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:06 am
surfloser
Veteran

i dont think avery is unplugged. he definitely knows what is going on and now he knows why it didnt work. looking at it from a cautious standpoint i think this puts beth and paul in a very very high risk situation. i sure hope they find ceaser soon!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:18 am
King Mob
Decorated

They (Beth and AI Man) already did find Caesar: check out the latest Brutus files and the newly found to-night files in the puzzles area.

EDIT: Here are the links:

Brutus: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=30319#30319

To-night: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3244&start=0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:29 am
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: General/Updates
Jump to: