Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:51 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: General/Updates
[UPDATE] MLO Metadex, message from Beth [Nov 16]
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
bakntime
Unfettered

[UPDATE] MLO Metadex, message from Beth [Nov 16]

This is interesting... It seems slightly contrary to some of the things she's said in the chats. She doesn't seem as outwardly concerned about Avery during chat as she does in this message to MLO...

Quote:
Date: 11/16/03 12:28
Subject: James

Marcus,

Iíve wanted to talk to you about something for a while now but I have struggled over how to best do so. Of all the scenarios I created in my mind, email was certainly the last choice. However, I cannot get the questions out of my head and I canít wait until next week. If I wait, I may never ask and I need to know.

You know that last month I was in your office and you have to know that I found that file on James. I have no idea why you have that information; Iím not sure I want to know why. I just want to know what happened, where he is. I donít care why it happened, I just want to know what happened. I need that sense of peace. I am sure that by now you know how much he meant to me. I need to know what happened so that I can move on.

Iíve seen the websites and I saw bits of stuff in that file. Iím not stupid. I know that he didnít just retire from the company that meant so much to him. That wasnít like him. I realize that there was a lot going on then: the custody battle, me, the struggle with the shareholders, and the problems in Europe. He had a lot on his mind but he was a fighter. He never ran from his stress, he always met it head on. I let myself believe the stories; it was the only way that I could accept it. But I always knew that there was something more. The question is what? And who? And why? I believe that you have those answers.

Marcus, you have no reason to tell me what you know. I understand that. However, I hope that you still have enough respect for me, as a person, to fill me in. I can handle it; you know that. Whatever it is, I need to know. If you had anything to do with it, I wonít judge you and it will go no further. You donít even need to tell me. I just need to have some answers, to know what happened to him, to know where he is, to know that he is okay. I need them so that I can move on. Surely you can understand that.

You can reply to this or you can call me. You could even come out here and tell me in person. I just want to know.

Beth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:42 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
amiantos
Boot

Maybe it's just me

Maybe it's just me, but does it seem like her and Avery had a bit of a romance/?affair? going on? How could a "friend" be such a large part of your life to include in a list of "things going on"? I don't see how that could have anything to do with the game as a whole, but it's starting to seem that way.

Just a thought. Beth seems to have a lot of secrets of her own.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:36 am
Azathoth666
Unfettered

Surely Beth wasn't the cause of Avery's divorce?

What's brought this on though? More than she didn't seem this worried about Avery in chat, she isn't typically this confrontational... so why confront Marcus now?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:15 am
Omnie
Entrenched

Actually, she did seem kinda concerned last night, and she was unusually talkative on the subject...I guess this is why she was so willing to talk about it. We were going to find out that something was going on soon anyway. That's annoying...

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=29475#29475

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:27 am
niobexrev
Unfettered

What's this custody battle?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:33 am
King Mob
Decorated

niobexrev wrote:
What's this custody battle?

My assumption would be some sort of custody battle between James and Lynne over Jesse; but this kind of goes against what Beth told us in chat, i.e. that she 'assumed' that Jesse was with both of his parents. Something veeerrrry interesting going on here...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:45 am
Mag
Boot

Hmmm... I seem to remember Beth mentioning some time ago that James and Lynne were on "reasonably good terms for the sake of their son".
Since I also get the impression that this "battle over custody" refers to L and J fighting over Jesse - well, this might mean Beth's messages happen to be contradictory sometimes... ? Confused

Trust no one Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:05 am
surfloser
Veteran

just because two people are friendly to each other doesnt mean either one of them wouldnt drop the other to keep the kid in their lives
parents are funny people
but i do agree she is starting to become loaded with info all of a sudden
and some of it just dont click

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:52 am
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: General/Updates
Jump to: