Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:56 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: General/Updates
[UPDATE] Dina's and Ethan's blogs [Nov 13]
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 4 [55 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
yanka
Fickle

[UPDATE] Dina's and Ethan's blogs [Nov 13]

Just started reading through them right now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:48 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
zerosignifier
Boot

the only thing i can locate as some sort of clue is jessesketch.jpg, with some of the left hand notes being darker than others. still blurry to me, but it looks like it goes c, a/e (same time), c, e, a, e. ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:16 am
yeahyeah
Decorated

Quote:

November 12, 2003
OK, here's what we need to do. I've got us two tickets for Friday morning. You and I can head out there, meet with him, and hopefully finally get to the bottom of this once and for all.

While we're there, we can also stop by that bar and try to talk to the bartender some more. We can also check out the spot where I found the CD, head over to Murpha, maybe even try to track down the house.

Hopefully we'll finally be able to get some answers. God knows I need to figure this whole thing out. I'm not sure I can handle this much longer.

See you tomorrow.

Quote:

Posted by Ethan at 10:06 PM
November 11, 2003
wood grain, lamp light
I have never, ever felt so wired in my life.

I pace these floors, these worn, gorgeous hardwood floors. I stare at the original boards, the pieces of repair boards inserted every now and then as over the years this house has settled. In the right lamp glow, the floors gleam warmly - the varnish is yellow and amber, the cracks between blackened and smooth with age.

The streetlamps outside the window are that weird flat orange, urban efficiency and eternal daylight for the city. Light seems so important to me now. I can't sleep without the lights on now, I am so ... excited? scared?

numb?

This is ridiculous. My body seems to crave warmth and the feel of you by my side more than ever. I feel empty, my chest aching with memories and with love, most of all. How strange, to miss someone my logical mind tells me I've never met, much less gave birth to. This body, my hips, these arms, my voice, soothing him in the night. I can't even soothe myself, knowing we lost him somehow. Lost track of ourselves.

That's got to be what it is, right? We've lost the track? We've somehow stepped outside of ourselves, like bones out of skin, context replaced by glamorie.

The lack of sleep no longer seems to bother me - at least, not in a way that drags me down. The sense of urgency, the quickening in my heartbeat when I look at that dear photograph - I see your intelligence there, in his eyes. He is a reflection of us at the time we lost him.

... I just spent another ten minutes pacing from one end of the house to the other. I could hear the floor creak gently, with character, and it makes me feel slightly sick to realize that this home was never ours to begin with. That we've placed ourselves here, pretending to be a settled happy couple, things gathering dust that have just been placed there, what, only yesterday, it seems?

When did we get here? When did we leave there? Exactly?

These questions drop like maddening rain into my head and my songwriting. The exhiliration over Jesse - I feel that perhaps I should tame it, but I don't want to. I want to keep spinning out this joy and relief and fear until it coalesces, and we're transported back to Kansas, back even further until it's all color again, and we're happy and three and life is sweet.

My fear is overlaid with a latticework of determination. I feel as though I can carry the world, as long as I get to see my boy again. As long as I get to weave my fingers into yours and look out on a world that makes sense again. Questions falling, new pieces and old floorboards.

I was scared, I am still scared, I will find the path.

You've done such an amazing job of putting the pieces together. I know it's been so hard for you to deal with my nightmares and my erratic emotions lately. Keeping involved in your job is probably the best thing for you - we now know why I've been unearthing all this strange detritus - this mystery has got to be the reason, the impetus, the keystone.

These ley lines must lead to him. The earth is fading back from summer, even fading back from autumn, but the trail is not cold.

I will be very happy to be in your arms again. If you call me when you wake, let me tell you about the e-mail we got today from that address I set up. Someone's got information we can use. I think we need to meet in person and get this all straightened out. Our life is out there somewhere, and while I think this one's OK, I don't think I will ever feel complete until Jesse's back with us again. That responsibility is too, too precious.

Posted by Dina at 10:53 PM
Well, I've hit dead ends on every path I've tried. Murpha, King County records, nothing leads anywhere that helps at all. I've stared and stared at that note, hoping it would jog something, but no. I've tried folding it, holding it up to the light, looking for hidden messages, heh. I tried playing around with the numbers, even. I get nowhere. Of course, it's not really easy working long distance from a hotel room.

Since your experience at the cybercafe place, I even find myself constantly looking over my shoulder to see if I'm being followed. I'm still having a real hard time getting my brain around this whole thing. It still is all so improbable, yet I just can't ignore what stares me in the face.

My meetings have actually been a nice escape today, which is good for a change.

How are you doing? I'm really sorry I've had to be gone at all this week. I'll make it up to you, I promise. Starting with dinner and a movie when I get back.

Posted by Ethan at 06:59 PM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:27 am
yeahyeah
Decorated

dinas..
Quote:

November 12, 2003
... as pea soup
A chill has been settling over Chicago.

This morning there was a fog advisory, and sure enough, the entire city was shrouded in a flat grey mist.

We don't seem to get fog here often. It was rather pretty, in a sort of gloomy two-dimensional way.

Now? Wind, harsh wind, whipping things around. My neighbor was getting out of her car and the door slammed shut from the wind, and it grazed her chin. She had a bright spot of blood on her lip, but otherwise seemed fine. Resilient, she.

I'm ... looking forward to my future.

Posted by Dina at 09:10 PM
November 11, 2003
Dearest Ethan,

I thought you might like this attempt at a sketch.
I also got to play with transferring with water and other solubles. The effect is kinda neat.

Love,

Dina

Posted by Dina at 03:38 AM

http://dina.thenekodas.com/weblog/archives/jessesketch.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:29 am
Omnie
Entrenched

Also from Dina:
Quote:
November 10, 2003

bisy

I have been a flurry of activity.

The journey is in front of me.

What is the first step?

Posted by Dina at 09:33 PM

November 09, 2003

Dina Lessons

1. So how does it feel to have your entire life perspective turned completely inside out and all garish like when your friends in school used to be all, "Look at this!" and they'd turn their eyelid inside out and you'd be all, "ew!!!"

Well, I think I am handling it well, under the circumstances. I am impatient. I feel like something is expected of me, and I don't like that. I like to feel in control of my life, but apparently, that's not really the case. The universe can bite me.

2. Give us an example of something cool your kid has done lately.

Oh, gee, let me go rummaging through this pile of mail, his report card just came the other day! *sigh*

3. Your house is burning. What do you rescue from it, and why?

Let it burn. Let it all burn. This is not my beautiful house.

4. What do you want most from today?

I want to be able to have my boy come home and greet me with a grudging teenaged hug. I want to know that he's not lying in a ditch somewhere. I want Ethan and I to pick out gifts for Jesse's birthday, and I want to know who that girl is, and if she's sweet, and if she is responsible and caring enough for my kid. I want more than anything to know that he's OK and that he knows I love him.

I want to shrug off this plastic life I've apparently given myself. Why am I here? I want to know why. I want to shake the person who did this by the shoulders and demand a reason, and retribution. I want my old life back. I don't care how terrible it may have been, it's still the life that I had CREATED, for MYSELF. I chose to live the way I did, and I chose to have a child, and just LOOK at him, will you? I want to know why I am being denied, why I am living here, what the hell this all MEANS.

I want to pummel the Fates for making me doubt my will. Pummel them until they're dust.

OK, that got maudlin rather quickly.

Posted by Dina at 05:03 AM

November 08, 2003

eye o' storm

Calmer now, in general. All the upheaval behind the scenery of my life seems to be, well, not settling, exactly, but fitting into place.
Even chaos has its own niche and home in everyone's lives, you know?
Besides, a bit of cabin fever never really hurt anyone ...

np: Poor Skeleton Steps Out, xtc

Posted by Dina at 12:10 PM

bored-ish

Just found out Fiona's going to be at a seminar, and so won't be able to post the Leiphe Lessons this week. Foo. It's not like they're all that involved or complicated, but I do really enjoy working on them when the sleep won't come, and then after a few days, putting them out there.
Have a good seminar, Fiona! Looking forward to your return to the lessons, of course. Smile

Posted by Dina at 12:07 PM

Random observation: "Bisy"...clue or typo?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:49 am
Azathoth666
Unfettered

Forget the typo...

Quote:
Poor Skeleton Steps Out

*shakes fist at sky* I'll get you October 1 Paintover! You'll pay for this!!!

And I thought Dina was grim and brooding before: I'm just damn scared of this woman now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:56 am
hakab2060
Kl00

Code:
[b]Poor Skeleton Steps Out Lyrics[/b]
XTC
Oranges and Lemons

Poor skeleton steps out,
Dressed up in bad blood,
Bad brains, bad thoughts, and others deeds.

Poor skeleton no doubt,
One of these days,
You can cast aside your human, be free.

When the cities run with blood,
And you drink our health in mud,
"All flesh be gone."
Save your dry and joyous shout,
For the day poor skeleton steps out.

Poor skeleton steps out,
Sprung from his life sentence,
Deep inside some muscle mask.

Poor skeleton devout,
Propping up truck drivers,
Filmstars, thieves or queens, your brave task.

When technology is rust,
And you write your book in dust,
"All flesh be gone."

Can't buy tickets from a tout,
For the day poor skeleton steps out.

Poor skeleton steps out,
Liberated from sex organs,
And brown, black, white skin.

Poor skeleton you lout,
Don't you think that we might,
like to have been asked to join in?

For good skeletons are we,
And we're dying to be free,
"All flesh be gone."

I will scream or sulk and pout,
Until my poor skeleton steps out.

Better watch out, here comes bony boy.

[/b]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:06 am
chancesend
Veteran

Quote:

I will be very happy to be in your arms again. If you call me when you wake, let me tell you about the e-mail we got today from that address I set up. Someone's got information we can use. I think we need to meet in person and get this all straightened out. Our life is out there somewhere, and while I think this one's OK, I don't think I will ever feel complete until Jesse's back with us again. That responsibility is too, too precious.

Question: Has anyone sent information to a character-owned email address that may contain information? I'm wondering whether they are meeting with an in-game character, or if (how cool would this be?) they are going to meet with a player who's previously sent information...

I've lost track of what addresses have been thrown around. Are they talking about an email address at TheNekodas? The only "info line" email I know of offhand is at HeIsMissing and SheIsMissing.

Quote:

Posted by Dina at 10:53 PM
Well, I've hit dead ends on every path I've tried. Murpha, King County records, nothing leads anywhere that helps at all. I've stared and stared at that note, hoping it would jog something, but no. I've tried folding it, holding it up to the light, looking for hidden messages, heh. I tried playing around with the numbers, even. I get nowhere. Of course, it's not really easy working long distance from a hotel room.

Does this mean we need to be looking for hidden messages in the note? Playing around with the numbers? Could either be a little hint, or just insight as to the condition of Dina's psyche...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:06 am
yeahyeah
Decorated

they are likely talking about missingjesseSPLATthenekodas.com.

I had heard some people emailed there, but I don't recall any specific information they sent...

Spoiler (Rollover to View):

but I'm leaning towards in-game. if it was IRL that would be quite crazy, but the logistics that would be involved would be tough.. unless the writer happened to be in the general area of middle of WA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:20 am
lurker
Boot

same as it ever was...

"This is not my beautiful house" (Posted by Dina at 09:33 PM
November 09, 2003 Dina Lessons) is from a song by Talking Heads called 'Once in a Lifetime'.
http://www.purelyrics.com/index.php?lyrics=pxfpopzy

Not sure if the lyrics are relevant but they talk about discovering yourself with a car and a house and a wife and not having a clue how you got there:
'you may ask yourself-well... how did I get here?'

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:44 am
chancesend
Veteran

Good catch, Lurker - heck, I'm a Talking Heads fan and I didn't register the connection...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:01 am
chancesend
Veteran

Possible matches for the piece in the Jesse sketch (using Melody Hound):

Giacomo Meyerbeer: L'Etoile du Nord La, la la, air cheri
Verdi - La Forza del Destino Act II
Brahms - Piano Sonata in F Minor op 5, 1st movement, 1st theme

The Brahms is very probable, because this snippett is also in F-minor / Ab-major. Any piano players out there recognize it? I could go down to the music library, but I'm not sure it's worth it...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:56 am
niobexrev
Unfettered

Dina wrote:

Uh, trip, you've been summoned. In-person? Sweet Jesus this'll be interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:46 am
Muffin
Unfettered

Just to make it easier for people, here is the music on its own.

Am not musical so it means nothing, but there must be some hidden pages in this update!

Edit: Embarassed See below for real file, and above for reason Smile
music.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   10.73KB
 Viewed   1362 Time(s)

music.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:49 am
Last edited by Muffin on Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Flynn
Decorated

Um, you got the pic the wrong way up... Wink
flipped.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   30.91KB
 Viewed   279 Time(s)

flipped.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:06 am
Page 1 of 4 [55 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: General/Updates
Jump to: