Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:36 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
[SPEC] Big Picture Speculation Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
jwiv
Decorated

[SPEC] Big Picture Speculation Thread
Big picture speculations of who and what everything is

This thread is the great big speculation take your wildest guess or theory that makes even a sliver of sense and share it with the class. It's time to start guessing what all of this means.

----

Hyexistenz had found this link once before when the first pictures of the Ark of the Covenant showed up. With the new focus on the church, it's probably relevant again.
http://www.greatdreams.com/covenant.htm

Short form - The ark of the covenant is an alien power source brought to Atlantis by the Anaki.

It leads into a bit of a unified theory. Depending on which theory (and there are a ton), the Nephilim are either an offshoot of the Anaki (or Annunaki), or part of it. In a more biblical view, the Nephilim were the spawn of the Grigori (a set of angels) and the daughters of men. The great flood was done to cleanse the earth of the taint that the Nephilim brought.

Now, after the flood, the story also goes that 10 percent of the spirits of the Nephilim were to remain on earth as demons to lead the human race astray.

The relevance of all of this is a bit questionable, but it does tie in Atlantis and the Ark and provides a guess as to the nature of Chaya and Bryan - spirits of the Nephilim.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:00 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
molecularr
Unfettered

OK, so here's my plot-related speculation. If I've got any details wrong, please correct.

Long time ago, there was Atlantis,then there was God, then came the others. I think Bryan and Chaya were among these others, or perhaps were the only others. Let's call them Anaki. For some reason, the Lanti used the ark to kidnap or entrap Chaya, and she is still there, literally inside of (or maybe glued to the top of -- like the picture Wink ) the Ark of the Covenant.

Somehow, Chaya has found a way to communicate with the outside world, and since we know now that she's been our mysterious friend all along, we do know some things about her. She was originally represented as a reptilian eye, which goes along with some ideas about the Anaki, and she started out by warning of an inevitable apocalypse.

Also, for the last 17 years or so, some remnant of the Lanti have broadcast their messages, which Hank recorded, and sent their emissary (Kendra) whom Hank adopted.

Because the Lanti were the ones who sealed the Ark, it will take a Lanti of royal blood (presumably Kendra) to reopen it and free Chaya. Since Kendra is now headed to the Ark, and Bryan may be following, I think we're heading to a final showdown of some sort wherein Chaya may or may not be freed and the world may or may not end. The only apocalyptic scenario I can conjecture is that if freeing Chaya fails for some reason, Bryan may destroy the world (again). He seems to be all about vengeance.

One interesting wrinkle that I'm not sure what to make of is the relationship between Chaya and Bryan. She seems somewhat ambivalent about Bryan finding her. On the one hand, she planted the clues that helped us unwittingly lead Bryan to Kendra (the key to the Ark-- now that I think about it, that's probably what she really meant by the original "Help him find her" directive -- "him" is Bryan, not Hank), but on the other hand, she's warned us about the world ending and has helped us with the original translations and so on.

She also said that Kendra is destined to get her out, whether or not Bryan is there. Maybe it's a little good cop / bad cop ploy, but it'll be interesting to see how this goes down.

One thing I'm not at all clear on is the significance of St. Lucia. The Bermuda Triangle seems to be the conduit through which the Lanti communicate, presumably because that's geographically where Atlantis was, but St. Lucia is pretty far away from the Triangle.

In any case, this is all speculation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:31 pm
 ICQ Number 
Aeon
Boot

Piecing together both what Chaya and Bryan have said, my theory is something like this...

There was Atlantis and there was God. Then came the Others (Chaya and Bryan, possibly more). The Others helped the Atlanteans to flourish and to prosper, providing knowledge or possibly technology. Eventually, the Others decided they wished to leave. But the Atlanteans, as Chaya said, became greedy. "In an attempt to continue the advancement of [their] civilization" they "did a terrible thing" - namely, they took and imprisoned Chaya to try and force Bryan to stay and continue aiding them.

Clearly this didn't work, as they "earned the wrath and spite of the visitors" and one way or another, Bryan caused the destruction of Atlantis.

Now, Bryan is hell bent on getting Chaya back and seeing the world suffer for what he and she have been through. How does Kendra fit in? A daughter of Atlantis sent to make amends for their past sins?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:43 pm
jwiv
Decorated

Kendra is the Blood of the King which implies she's of noble lineage of some sort. Whatever is imprisionment Chaya is under, it requires Kendra in some way to free her.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:56 pm
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
Jump to: