Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:46 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
Conference Call With Kendra
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
Sylvia
I Have No Life

Conference Call With Kendra
at midnight
Event: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:00 am

Conference call tonight at midnight with Kendra on Yahoo Messenger.

My yahoo id is syl_vi_a

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:26 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
jwiv
Decorated

jwiv2 is mine.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:01 pm
Sylvia
I Have No Life

Time is getting closer people so get up with me, jwiv2 or molecularrr on yahoo messenger. We got to test.

syl_vi_a

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:15 pm
Daikah
Kl00

Installing it now ... will be on with windNexus

Okay! Updated storyline everyone! (I'm posting this is the storyline thread as well)

The chat started at midnight as planned. Kendra and John were listening to some rock music and eager to tell us about a letter that was addressed to Kendra, from Hank. Inside the letter, Hank informed her (and us) that she was in fact, not his daughter. The details went on to explain that she mysteriously appeared inside the cabin of Hank and Sarah's boat one day while they were out sailing. The odd thing was that they were away from port for almost a week, and there really isn't any place to hide on the boat, so she just materialized out of thin air.

Hank told her that she would find sanctuary, and told her that the picture of the chapel was what she was drawing on that fateful day. She was guessed to have been five years old, and it was confirmed by a doctor. So, Hank and Sarah raised her as their own.

We also find out that the Detective is chasing after Bryan Aristos, because good old Rita, the next door neighbor, gave a description that perfectly matched his appearance. Apparently, Bryan has had a run-in with the law before and was on record. This also makes Kendra quite pissed, because we are also friends of Bryan, and if Bryan killed Hank, she really wouldn't like us, right? Anyway, deciding to let that go, she asked for help on finding the church.

We also suggested that Chaya might be a part of Kendra, or she might be channelling Chaya's spirit. That naturally didn't go too well, and she was having a hard time believing it. But, she seemed more docile about it after we informed her that Bryan's wife was named Chaya, and he's looking for her, and the YouTube personality we found earlier, with the sleepwalker, had Chaya's voice (who Bryan recognized). Thus, this could be more believable.

After some leads that really weren't turning up too many good clues, John happened to stumble across ANOTHER box jewelry box in the closet. This time, it was a wooden puzzle box, and it needed to be solved. Hearing some basic instructions on how to solve a puzzle box, John and Kendra went at it and it opened up. Inside, they found a picture of the Ark of the Covenant.

With this piece of information, as well as the chapel picture that was found earlier, molecular found a picture of the exact church on the internet. It was a church that was linked to the Ark as well, so it panned out. Apparently, it's located in Ethiopia, so Kendra and John prepare to book a flight and head out to find this church.

Their story, I'm sure, will continue... but what about Bryan? With the detective on his tail, and the fact that he is important to the overall order of things, what are we to do? Help in the capture of him? Or help him to escape? We'll soon find out, eh?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:41 pm
Last edited by Daikah on Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Daikah
Kl00

I'll be trying my best to supply a transcript of everything said. I'm recording everything and will relisten a few times.

Edit:

The chat is done, and a couple hours later, here's the results.

(Note: Text in BLACK is text that was typed. Text in PURPLE, that was spoken. I went through and bolded what I thought was important to the story and progression, as well as good stuff we learned. =)

Yahoo! Messenger (10:57:45 PM): jwiv has joined the conference.
Yahoo! Messenger (10:57:45 PM): Daikah has joined the conference.
Yahoo! Messenger (10:57:45 PM): Sylvia Fee has joined the conference.
Yahoo! Messenger (10:57:46 PM): molecularrr has joined the conference.
Yahoo! Messenger (10:59:08 PM): lizzy bordean has joined the conference.
Yahoo! Messenger (11:51:21 PM): Kendra Morgan has joined the conference.
John: (12:03:08 AM) Who the hell is Lizzie Bordean? Is she a read head?
Kendra: (12:03:15 AM) Who is Lizzie?
Kendra: (12:03:34 AM) Who are you? Do I know you by another name?
Lizzie: (12:03:42 AM) Nope, this is our first time meeting.
Kendra: (12:04:10 AM) I don't know guys, can anyone vouch for her?
Kendra: (12:04:48 AM) Anybody know her?
Daikah (12:05:09 AM): I do
Daikah (12:05:17 AM): My mic isn't working I guess.
Kendra: (12:06:03 AM) Alright. Well, I'm going to go ahead and get started.
kendra: (12:06:10 AM) Alright I would like to start off by saying... now listen guys, don't f***ing start telling me any of you are sorry, okay? I know what you mean by it, but I just don't have time for it. I'm on a f***ing mission to find a murderer, and there's no room for apologies right now.
Kendra: (12:06:48 AM) I'll start off by reading a letter that dad wrote. Maybe you can piece together some kind of something from what he's got in this letter. I dunno, I feel kinda weird reading it I guess. It's sort of personal and all but I guess I should share it with you. John says it's a good idea.
Kendra: (12:07:48 AM) "My Dearest Kendra, if you're reading this, I must apologize My work left you alone in this world and your Uncle John is your only protection. I won't kid you at a time like this. I'll only say it gives me comfort to know he's watching out for you. The picture you found along with this note was something you drew when you were a child..." Now you see, I don't get that part. I can't f***ing draw!
John: (12:08:28 AM) Keep reading...
Kendra: (12:08:38 AM) "I never mentioned it because I wanted, no, needed to protect you. Below the picture you will see maritime flags that spell out the words FIND ME ... so I did. I researched the whereabouts of this chapel and then locked them away in my memory. I knew that they were vital to my work, but I didn't want to possibly find something that might take you away. However, now I most certainly feel this way still, which brings me to the next most difficult thing I must tell you." Okay guys, this is where it starts to get weird.
Kendra: (12:09:42 AM) "My greatest and most prized find was when your mom and I were sailing one fine fall day. She had gone down to the galley to cool lunch and I, as always, was working. I heard her scream, 'Hey! Come quick!' Thinking that she might have injured herself in some way, I went to her aid. I found her cradling you, a beautiful little child, in her arms. She found you sitting at the table in the middle of the cabin. Just sitting. We estimated your age as five years old. A pediatrician confirmed it later. There was no way for you to have gotten onto the boat by any logical or natural means. We had not been in a port for a week or so. You were healthy, bright, curious, and a funny little thing. For the first few hours after we discovered you on our boat you would not speak, only draw. We knew from the moment we saw the chapel picture, we had to protect you. We felt that we had been picked for whatever reason for the job. I immediately knew what the flags said and tried to question you. You only shook your head. That evening when we tucked you into bed, you said 'ny.' You could speak. Over the next few weeks, mom and I tried to question you about your life before us. You would only shake your head and talk about the moon, or the stars, or ask to play. If we weren't supposed to know, then you definitely let us know. If you were meant to find a sanctuary, you will. I only hope it will be just that. A sanctuary. I love you dear child and I hope you find happiness and that the fates that await you, bring you that happiness you seek. Dad. Aka Henry Morgan."

John: (12:11:20 AM) It's okay, let it all out.
Kendra: (12:11:24 AM) Get off me you old f***, we got work to do. Okay guys, there it is. Either my dad was as snapped as I was or I'm a freak of nature. Whatever. So we need to find that church. I also have one more interesting bit of information to share. Rita was able to give a pretty good description of the a**hole that broke into dad's house. Thank god for nosey neighbors this time, huh? Detective Fielding knew then that he fit the description of our beloved friend, and I use this term very loosely, Bryan Aristos. The pigs, um, whatever, Fielding, Detective Fielding, the hardest working jackel is tracking him down as we speak. I don't would to seem disrespectful since they are friends of him and, I, um. Well, I think that's it. If you find the church, let us know immediately. My bags are packed and I have a feeling that Mr. Aristos is heading there as well and I want to get to him first.
John: (12:11:50 AM) See yall.
Daikah (12:11:57 AM): ...
Daikah (12:12:05 AM): Hmmm
Kendra: (12:12:09 AM) I'm still here. John just had to go get a beer.
Daikah (12:12:14 AM): Okay
Kendra: (12:12:22 AM) Did yall have any luck finding that church?
Sylvia: (12:12:28 AM) Nope, we were too busy trying to get this chat set up.
Daikah (12:13:15 AM): No, not yet. We've found some churches that are similar.
Daikah (12:14:25 AM): There is an area with churches or temples like it.
Lizzie: (12:14:28 AM) The temple also looks like the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem...
Daikah (12:14:33 AM): In Greece
Daikah (12:15:11 AM): The churches in Santorini
Daikah (12:15:28 AM): They have the dome above the building with what appear to be a small cross.
Kendra: (12:16:36 AM) Something tells me that we don't have much time. You guys really need to get on this. I've been looking and looking and I just can't find anything.
Sylvia: (12:16:48 AM) Okay, we'll get on it. Are you positive that it was Bryan?
Kendra: (12:17:01 AM) That's what Rita said. She gave the description of him, and when Detective Fielding looked at all of dad's records, he saw how he had been talking to Bryan and that Bryan was supposed to come on down and meet him. He looked him up and found his picture and obviously he's been in some sort of trouble before or something and the description matched.
Sylvia: (12:17:46 AM) Well I'm going to have to think this one over.
Kendra: (12:17:53 AM) Well it obviously isn't John, which is what he was thinking before. He even had the balls to question me. Like I would have been able to kill my own father. I mean, we had our problems, but come on, give me a break.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:11 am
Last edited by Daikah on Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Daikah
Kl00

Part two:

(Black text = typed, Purple text = spoken)

jwiv: (12:18:11 AM) This is un-related to the church for a moment, but what exactly was in the jewelry box that you posted a picture of?
Kendra: (12:18:29 AM) It was only the picture folded up and the letter from my dad. It was rolled up and had a cute little bow around it.
Kendra: (12:19:00 AM) Hehe John, I said cute. I sound all girly and s***.
Daikah (12:20:01 AM): This might be strange, but do you know anything else about the Chaya that you mentioned in your journal?
Kendra: (12:20:28 AM) Eh, no.
Daikah (12:23:41 AM): Could someone invite me again?
Daikah (12:23:56 AM): Thank you.
Daikah (12:24:05 AM): I lost audio, hehe
Kendra: (12:24:24 AM) And I don't think they're here, unless someone is going under a different name. Lizzie? Did you send me that message?
Lizzie: (12:24:49 AM) Nope.
Kendra: (12:24:58 AM) Damn, I was really hoping for that.
Lizzie: (12:25:12 AM) I'm actually not sure what message you're talking about.
Kendra: (12:25:27 AM) I got a message from someone that said that they knew something about this Chaya.
Lizzie: (12:25:32 AM) I wish that was me. That would be good to know.
Daikah: (12:26:11 AM) Do you happen to have the email address or user name or anything of the person who sent you that message? We might be able to look it up, because some people couldn't make it tonight.
Kendra Morgan (12:27:10 AM): Christian Sagmeister
Lizzie: (12:28:28 AM) I'm going to go look them up on Google. One sec.
lizzy bordean (12:30:58 AM): http://www.chemie.tu-muenchen.de/broschuere/CHU022.htm
lizzy bordean (12:32:22 AM): http://sagmeisterblog.blogspot.com/2006/02/die-nacht-der-nchte.html
Kendra: (12:32:28 AM) He found my journal on DeadJournal and he said he had information about Chaya. He says that he's from Austria, which is why his writing is the way it is.
Lizzie: (12:33:00 AM) Well, this person's site say he's from Austria. Well, actually, maybe from Germany.
Daikah: (12:33:31 AM) So, Rita said she saw someone that matched the description of Bryan entering the house? I don't even know where Bryan lives, but if he was supposed to meet with Hank the day after, um, it sounded like he was driving down to meet him. I don't think he could have been in the area during the murder.
Sylvia: (12:34:19 AM) Yeah, I don't really think Bryan is the one who did it.
Kendra: (12:34:35 AM) Why don't you think Bryan did it?
Sylvia: (12:34:47 AM) Well, that's a good, tough question to answer. Is John there? He's seen Bryan, does he match the description?
Kendra: (12:35:01 AM) Yeah.
jwiv (12:40:18 AM): This is as close a match to the picture that I've found.
jwiv (12:40:20 AM): http://lloydi.com/travel-writing/crete/images/santorini-church.jpg
Sylvia: (12:40:30 AM) Okay Kendra, how comfortable do you feel talking about Chaya, or however you say it?
Kendra: (12:40:41 AM) Lay it on me, sister.
Sylvia: (12:41:01 AM) There's a possibility that you have a bigger connection with it than you know.
Sylvia: (12:42:34 AM) Help me out here guys.
Daikah: (12:43:27 AM) Okay. Well, in the correspondance that we've had with Bryan, we've come to find out that he knew a Chaya. Granted, we don't really know much about Bryan either, but he has been helping us decypher the recordings and, well we found out that Chaya was the name of his wife. He said that she was taken from him a long time ago. So, he's also looking for Chaya. I know it seems a little far fetched, but just hear me out. During your little episode, you were talking about Chaya. What if she happened to, I don't know, enter your mind and live through you for that little time. What if you were making a connection with her. What if she's trying to tell you, to tell everyone, where she is.
Kendra: (12:45:00 AM) Okay, wow. You pretty much blew my mind with that one.
: (12:25:04 AM) The idea comes from a video I've seen about sleepwalking. In fact, the same sleepwalker is related to Chaya as well. I'll post a link to the video.
Daikah (12:45:37 AM): This is the link to the video.
Daikah (12:45:40 AM): http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheSomnambulist42
Daikah (12:46:20 AM): Actually, that's the user who submitted it. However, they have a video of their sleepwalking, and that produced some of the information that Bryan gave to us.
Kendra: (12:47:01 AM) Whoa, John. Check this out.
Daikah: (12:52:20 AM) Which is why I think that Byran wasn't responsible. The only other evidence I have to support this idea of you channeling the thoughts of Chaya is this information we found on Sleepwalking on Youtube. You see, when we showed Bryan this information, he immediately recognized the girl's voice from the video. It was the voice of his wife. Thus, if she was jumping around from body to body and leaving notes on how to find her, she could have done the same to you, and those notes are from your, um, decorations you found around the house.
Kendra: (12:53:41 AM) Huh, John said he found another box in the bottom of the closet. I'll be right back as I take some pictures of it.
Sylvia: (1:01:39 AM) Did Bryan get you too?
Kendra: (1:01:52 AM) Huh?
Daikah: (1:02:11 AM) Oh, we're just checking to see if you're alright.
Kendra: (1:02:53 AM) Yeah, sorry about that. I'm getting ready to upload the picture. Hold on a second.
molecular (1:05:21 AM): there it is
Sylvia Fee (1:07:07 AM): i ve got knocked out of the room again or somehting
Sylvia Fee (1:07:18 AM): can some one reinvite me
Daikah (1:07:20 AM): It looks like a puzzle box, maybe.
Yahoo! Messenger (1:08:31 AM): Sylvia Fee has left the conference.
Daikah: (1:08:45 AM) Are there any movable pieces?
Kendra: (1:08:56 AM) Movable pieces? What do you mean?
Daikah: (1:09:14 AM) Like, are there any pieces that rotate, can be removed, pushed in or or pulled out?
Kendra Morgan (1:09:25 AM): brb
jwiv (1:10:03 AM): Kendra - We think it's a puzzle box. The concept is this:
jwiv (1:10:04 AM): To solve a puzzle box, one or more sliding parts in one end are moved, allowing the other end to be moved slightly. This partially unlocks a side panel, which allows other pieces to be moved. These, in turn, partially unlock the top or bottom. This method is continued, moving around the box, until the top panel can slide, opening the box.
Kendra: (1:10:46 AM) Okay, John? They say it's a puzzle box. 'To solve a puzzle box, one or more sliding parts in one end are moved, allowing the other end to be moved slightly. This partially unlocks a side panel, which allows other pieces to be moved. These, in turn, partially unlock the top or bottom. This method is continued, moving around the box, until the top panel can slide, opening the box.'
John: (1:11:13 AM) Can't we just smash the damn thing?
Lizzie: (1:11:29 AM) No, you don't want to do that. You'll break it and you'll have to take it all apart, and the insides might be damaged.
Kendra: (1:11:40 AM) No, you could break it John. Oh wait! We moved something!
Daikah: (1:11:51 AM) Sweet, good job!
Kendra: (1:12:08 AM) Hold on a sec, I think we're getting it.
Daikah (1:12:57 AM): Some puzzle boxes require 10-30 "moves" ... I'm looking on the internet to see if I can find a puzzle box model that is similar to the one you took a picture of. Oooooor... we can let you two have at it
Kendra: (1:12:31 AM) Alright! We got it! It was more like 4 moves actually. There's another picture inside. I'm going to upload it.
lizzy bordean (1:14:07 AM): do we think the design on the top is significant, maybe?
Daikah: (1:16:17 AM) The ark?
jwiv: (1:16:23 AM) Yup, that's the Ark of the Covenant alright.
Lizzie: (1:16:30 AM) Wasn't that supposed to be in Solomon's Temple? That's not around anymore...
molecular (1:17:27 AM): found the church, i think
molecular (1:17:49 AM): http://www.answers.com/topic/church-of-our-lady-mary-of-zion
molecular (1:17:58 AM): ethiopia, it seems
Daikah: (1:08:01 AM) Yeah, that looks like the one! Even has the fence in the front.
Kendra: (1:10:11 AM) Well guys, I'm looking up stuff on Travelocity. Looks like this is my destination. Thanks so much for your help. I now know where my body is trying to take me.

Yahoo! Messenger (1:11:26 AM): Kendra Morgan has left the conference.

(Sadly, I got half of this conversation recorded with a VERY low volume... so I was able to make out most of it, but some had to be by memory. Everything is here though, even if some "phrases" might have an extra word or two, hehe)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:36 am
Daikah
Kl00

Okay, the second puzzle box found in the closet was this bad boy:

Inside it, we found the picture of the Ark of the Covenant, another clue to help us find out what church was pictured on the drawing from the first box.

With that picture and the other hand drawn image from the first box:

Molecular narrowed down the churches to the one listed on this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Our_Lady_Mary_of_Zion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:01 am
GoodChild
Unfettered

HOLY SH*T! I was almost there! Couldn't get a flight to Axum and had to stop northern movement in Gondar. Is Kendra actually thinking of going to this church? Cuz she ain't getting in. No one is allowed in there except the priests. And i would advise against going all Indiana Jones and breaking in. Ethiopian police aren't going to just hand out a warning. Not to mention what the people in Axum will do to them if they see them on the street.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:56 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sylvia
I Have No Life

Thanks Daikah, I had the hardest time hearing last night missed about 75% of it and this really helped to understand what went down. Once again thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:29 pm
fragment
Boot

Does someone have a recording of the conference and could upload it? I'd love to hear Kendra's and John's voices. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:37 pm
Daikah
Kl00

As much as I would love to upload a 90 minute long audio file, I can't help out, sadly. But, what I can do is find a good part where they talk near each other, so you can hear both Smile

... they didn't sound like I thought they would, that's for sure.

Edit: Uploaded two small MP3s that have sound clips of Kendra and John. Enjoy
NyTakma_Nov182006_snip.mp3
Description  Part of the conversation with Kendra reading Hank's letter, commenting how she can't draw, and John saying "Keep Reading"
mp3

Download 
Filename  NyTakma_Nov182006_snip.mp3 
Filesize  496.73KB 
Downloaded  754 Time(s) 
NyTakma_Nov182006_snip2.mp3
Description  Various sound clips with Kendra and John phrases. John didn't talk much ...
mp3

Download 
Filename  NyTakma_Nov182006_snip2.mp3 
Filesize  400.41KB 
Downloaded  742 Time(s) 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:18 am
Nail

Check This people

http://www.exodus2006.com/Axum.htm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:29 am
molecularr
Unfettered

Interesting. Apocalypse, ark, etc. Now we just need an Atlantis association to tie that whole thing in. Cool

Hm, I hope Kendra thought to get a visa before she took off, otherwise she'll be denied at the border.

For whatever it's worth, I checked itineraries from Orlando and Jacksonville, and Travelocity couldn't come up with a plan to get from either of those to Ethiopia. Of course, Kendra may have gotten the last ticket. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:30 pm
 ICQ Number 
GoodChild
Unfettered

you can buy a visa at the broder. it costs 10 US dollars.

But hey, lookey what I found:

http://www.nbufront.org/html/MastersMuseums/JGJackson/EthiopiaOriginOfCivilization.html

I haven't read it yet (going to see the Fountain at the Cape Town World Cinema Festival, Hellz yeah!) but it was the first result when i googled Ethiopia Atlantis.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
Jump to: