Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:40 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
[UPDATE] Hank's Blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 4 of 4 [54 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Sylvia
I Have No Life

Hanging on by a Thread

I'm going out on a limb her and going to make a very big SPEC. And I will welcome the flames because at least I will have gotten you to put your thinking caps on.

OK, here goes, I'm going to predict that the last two lines of the above previous page, in english, will say:
Quote:

We have to fight for our lives, for Atlantis, for him, for her.

How I feel at the moment:

Sad Confused Wink Exclamation Question Bang Head Confused Cursing Dunce Dunno Geek Screwy Raspberry Shifty Eyes Flaming Nutter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:03 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
nukedog
Boot

Re: Hanging on by a Thread

Sylvia wrote:
I'm going out on a limb her and going to make a very big SPEC. And I will welcome the flames because at least I will have gotten you to put your thinking caps on.

OK, here goes, I'm going to predict that the last two lines of the above previous page, in english, will say:
Quote:

We have to fight for our lives, for Atlantis, for him, for her.

I'm going to have to disagree. First of all, the second last line (ghyra aladi rabin du a shundaj teyailn) ends in "shundaj teyailn", which we already know means "our there" (which is odd).

The other reason goes back to an earlier bit of Lanti which has been mostly decoded.

Quote:

Ra nednai ny takma, peynin hasya keilyn ny moquin.
Teyailn vyl esun mrkzai di peynin di Gai, teyailn vyl Lanti, teyailn vyl La, en masi ust awlyn.

swapping in the words we already know, we get
Quote:
To nednai the end, peynin hasya keilyn the moquin.
There vyl esun civilization of peynin of Gai, there vyl Atlantis, there vyl La, and masi ust awlyn.

which i think translates to
Quote:

To KNOW the end, PEOPLE MUST UNDERSTAND the BEGINNING.
There WERE THREE civilizationS of PEOPLE of EARTH, there WAS Atlantis, there WAS La, and ? ? ?.

Without know what La actually means, I think the interpretation of the rest of the message still needs to be corrected by Yshk/Brian but i think the last line is clearly

Quote:
For Atlantis! For La! For Earth!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:59 am
stilettoblade
Veteran

I like that spec, nukedog. Thats kinda where I was feelin like it was, i just haven't had the time to sit dwon with transcriptions and lexicon yet.

the Human Project Lives!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:20 pm
Sylvia
I Have No Life

I did it

Well, i succeed. I got you thinking.
nukedog wrote:
the second last line (ghyra aladi rabin du a shundaj teyailn) ends in "shundaj teyailn", which we already know means "our there" (which is odd).

Exactly, it's odd and that's why it doesn't fit the overall structure of the sentence.
And remember my key word was predict. I didn't say that was exact, just a prediction.

And since we know that Yshk Sha = For Us and the last line says Yshk Lanti, Yshk La, Yshk Gai then it only makes since that they are making a reference to Sha=Us immediately before that which in this case would be ghyra = we and shundaj = our.

So the sentence has to have something to do with:

We(us) have to ---- for our(us) --- for Atlantis, for La(?), for Gai(?).

Just makes sense to me.

On a side Note:
Where the **** is yshklant when we need him/her and Where is this Bryan? We need help!!!

Remember it's Bryan with a Y not an I.

On a second side Note:
I guess we had better stop Assuming / Speculating on this before we become even more confused than we all ready are.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:21 pm
Sylvia
I Have No Life

UPDATE
October 29, 2006

http://hauntedhank.blogspot.com/
Quote:
We're Back.

We're back from our most recent trip out to The Triangle. Before I give you those details, I need to describe the events of the night prior to our launch.

I had just finished a nice chat with Sylvia, when the phone rang. It was W.B. She wanted to know when John and I were taking off again. She said all the emails she had gotten coupled with some new books she'd been reading had made her curious. She asked if she could go with us. I told her I would be thrilled if she went along. It seems like a lifetime has past since she went sailing with me.

Feeling enthusiastic about the opportunity to have Kendra captive on the Serendipity, I returned to my desk and started writing an update to the blog. No sooner had I opened blogger when the power went out. I assumed it was a fuse, grabbed my flashlight, and went to check the box. On my way out of the house, I could sense something wasn't right. You know the feeling when you're waiting for someone to scare you? It's like going to a haunted house where you know there are live zombies and ghouls waiting to chase you, but you have yet to encounter one. I felt anxious, and my heart started to race. I remember thinking, "If John's pulling a Halloween prank, I'll make him think twice about pranking me again." That thought made me relax a bit, so I continued to the fuse box. The breaker had been flipped alright. I was sure John was behind it now. Who else would do something like that? When I returned to the house, however, the door was ajar. I distinctly remember closing it, because I checked to make sure I had the keys before I did. I heard footsteps running and the backdoor slam. I ran inside. Nothing seemed amiss. Everything was where I left it, or so I thought. Today I've realized some of my notes are missing. Who would have reason to break in and take my notes. Why?

As I said, we're back from our latest trip out. W.B. joined us, and we had a great time. Nothing new was gained, however, and I had hoped she could have at least heard the voices. Maybe she would see her father wasn't just an old kook chasing windmills.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:51 pm
Sylvia
I Have No Life

Update - someone's watching hank or
is Hank paranoid remember Black Sabbath - Paranoid

http://hauntedhank.blogspot.com/
Quote:
11.03.2006 A Meeting With Bryan...

Things are getting creepier and creepier. The break-in is not the only strange thing that's transpired lately. I truly think I'm being followed. Perhaps it's just an old man's imagination, heightened by a trespass on his private life. I see people in the shadows, feel people behind me....watching. I know it has to do with my work.

I'm sorry I haven't been corresponding too frequently, but this sense of dread has overwhelmed me. I know not where the next enemy lies.

Bryan's fluency of the language leads me to believe he knows more than just the linguistics. I've requested a meeting with him. We'll see if he replies.

Am I a fool?

Posted by Haunted Hank at 17:58

This reminds me of the Black Sabbath video from Kendra's blog the song is titled "Paranoid."

http://www.youtube.com/v/VvCxUuSCMPA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Sylvia
I Have No Life

Comments
for archival purposes

for archival purposes I have copied the comments here:
Quote:
Hank
I'm not sure just why yet but we, me and my friends, have been getting hints that Bryan may not be all that trust worthy. So be careful. My friends or I will let you know more asap.

It seems to me that you may be getting too close to some "big secret" with those recordings you've been getting out three in the Triangle. And someone may not want that "secret" to be known. So, once again, please be careful.

Bryan may not be on the up and up. But then again Bryan may not have anything to do with it at all and we may need him to help translate the language. So can you see why I'm confused? But if he is suspect and is behind or working with someone to hide some big secret then he may not even give us the correct translation any way.

In the mean time, if anything else happens let us know asap.

You are not a fool.
Sylvia

Posted by Sylvia | 21:45

Quote:
I don't think you're a fool either. If Bryan responds and will agree to meeting with you, I would be cautious of being alone. Meeting in a public place would be a good idea. Might make him feel safer too. He does give off a vibe of "someone's out to get him" ... but then again, it could be because of all the information he's gathered over the years, or the antiques he's collected ...

Bring good old John with ya. That'll make things peachy!

I don't know. Let us know if he responds, okay?

-Michael

Posted by Michael | 20:52

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:36 am
Sylvia
I Have No Life

wow in hind sight, I don't know what to label this post
I'm still in shock

In all the excitement we forgot to post this update

Quote:
A Fresh Start...

I'm looking forward to clearing the air this evening. Just as I was feeling confident in my decisions to trust strangers, things had to go haywire. I appreciate all your diligence and look forward to talking to you all tonight in our online meeting. As strange as this may sound, I miss those of you with whom I found friendship. And I feel saddened by the unexplored friendships of those I was just beginning to know. If you have any questions or just want to say hello, drop into the aim room "Ny Takma" at 8:00 pm EST. John and I look forward to seeing you there.

Posted by Haunted Hank at 18:57

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:23 am
Sylvia
I Have No Life

memories

I wanted to save hank's backgound image for our memories.
mainbackground_2r.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   40.42KB
 Viewed   269 Time(s)

mainbackground_2r.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:47 am
Page 4 of 4 [54 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
Jump to: