Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:43 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
[INTERACTION] Hank (Henry) Morgan
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Sylvia
I Have No Life

[INTERACTION] Hank (Henry) Morgan
eMail and Google Talk with Haunted Hank

Trying to find info for this game is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack, the post are in such a mess. I pulled this out to start an interaction with Hank thread. Unfortunately, I sent off an email inquiring about the very things in this email before I found the following:

cat-offline wrote:
Apparently Hank's daughter is very interested in energy packets as they relate to discrepancies in the flow of time....

Quote:
I thought you'd want to know how W.B.'s birthday went. I made it in time for her party on Saturday, and we had such a good time! She twirled around to the music like she was 6 and still wearing her "clip-clop" shoes with her little fairy dress.....and her laugh! It's been months since I've heard her laugh like she actually felt the joy she was emoting. It was encouraging to seen her have such a good time. We even got a little father/daughter time that lead to a beautiful conversation. We discussed her "new" style, books she's reading, and "energy quants as related to temporal anomalies (sp?)." I have to admit, that last part went way over my head. I had no idea what she was rambling on about. She has always loved studying and discussings The Sciences. She was able to celesstially navigate our journeys on the Serendipity at the age of 10 with what appeared to be little effort. Of course the whole time she was doing it she would be singing a silly song, painting her nails, performing impromtu plays, or just endlessly pestering me for a quick stop to go swimming. She really is a genius: in a "head-in-the-clouds" kind of way. That young woman is destined for great things.

W.B.'s good spirit and all the help I'm being offered has made me feel optimistic for the first time since...........well, since Sarah.

I don't know why I find it hard to say her name when I'm feeling happy. I suppose it's because I still feel ashamed I can look forward to a future when her hopes, dreams, and desires ended 7 years ago.

John says I'm an idiot for feeling that way. Did I mention my dearest friend is an asshole? Who tells their friend he's an idiot when he's grieving? This morning, however, I think I will reassess his tactless words and let my mind settle into a calm sea of optimism.

Hank

The clues in this email may get us to W.B.'s blog.

Unfortunately, i sent the following before finding the above, but who knows maybe the response will generate some more clues.

Quote:
Subject: Rita is Right
To: "Hank" <hauntedhank>
Hank (Henry)
Maybe this is not the place to discuss this but for the moment putting your mystery language aside I must admit your neighbor Rita is right. What happened? Did you forget W. B.'s birthday? If this is the way you have treated her all her life then I must say it has been a most unfortunate series of events.

You must think about what you are doing before you become "p kol" full "di esetula." And W. B., if not already, full of "gora." "Yshk ny takma" is not yet. You have time to make amends before "teyailn" is "esetula."

Sorry to be so blunt.
Sylvia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:43 am
Last edited by Sylvia on Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:37 am; edited 2 times in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ancalime
Unfettered

Here's my entire interaction with Hank so far:

Quote:

To: hauntedhankSPLATgmail.com
Date: Oct 13, 2006 7:09 AM
Subject: Strange Language
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Delete this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?
Name: [Me]
Address:
[My Address]
Email: ancalimeSPLATgmail.com
Phone #: (509) 531-1863

Hank,
I just graduated from college in May with a bachelor's in linguistics, and when I came across your blog I got very curious. Definitely sign me up for the mailings, please, and as for the recordings -- what format you have them on now? I'm not really familiar with Blogspot but I might be able to help find some way to distribute them digitally.

Thanks,
Phoebe

Hank Morgan
to me
Oct 13 (4 days ago)

Phoebe,

Wow, that's a feat! Cogratulations. Hopefully you'll be a great help in helping me decipher these recordings. Thanks for your interest and keeping an open mind.

Have you seen this strange website? I can't for the life of me think who would have that much interest in me and my work. I'm as perplexed by that as I am by the Triangle at the moment. This frightens me.

Hank

Hank Morgan
to me
Oct 13 (4 days ago)
Phoebe,

I called John earlier, he's coming over and he should be able to help me get the recordings uploaded for you.

Hank

Me
to Hank
Oct 13 (4 days ago)
Hank,

Thank you! I have seen the site you mention, actually. The language there has me fairly stumped -- it's so hard to know even where to start with any kind of translation attempt. You've gotten some other contacts from people I know (so I hear); we're all researching this together but even as a group we've only identified a few words (like ny takma, "the end"), not nearly enough to start making generalizations about the nature of the language as a whole. For instance, if nnra is "to preserve," does that mean verbs are all going to end in -ra or if that's just the form of the infinitive or what? Tricky, very tricky. Do you have any of your recordings transcribed?

This does seem like alarming stuff (especially all the sounds you hear -- yikes! Though amusingly enough I have the same problem with a radio station. No matter where I turn the dial I mostly get one particular station, 97.5 FM), but I think that with the application of many minds and hands a lot can be accomplished.

-Phoebe

Hank Morgan
to me
Oct 13 (4 days ago)

Phoebe,

Thank you! To answer your question, no I don't have a transcription. I honestly didn't even think of that. Perhaps you and your friends could start that process once the recordings are uploaded.
- Show quoted text -

Hank

Me
to Hank
More options Oct 13 (4 days ago)
Hank,

Definitely! Looking forward to hearing those recordings.

Hank Morgan
to me
Oct 13 (4 days ago)

Phoebe,

Thank you for understanding.

Hank

Hank Morgan
to me
Oct 14 (3 days ago)
Phoebe,

John's got the file uploaded. I liked to it in my blog if you still want to help.

Hank

Me
to Hank
Oct 14 (3 days ago)

Hank,

Definitely still interested, though I can't take a listen right now because I'm at work (shouldn't even be emailing -- whoops!). I'm glad John was able to help you out with getting that recording uploaded.

-Phoebe

Hank Morgan
to me
Oct 15 (2 days ago)

Phoebe,

Good to hear from you again. I did make it in time for W.B.'s party on Saturday. We had such a good time! She twirled around to the music like she was 6 and still wearing her "clip-clop" shoes with her little fairy dress.....and her laugh! It's been months since I've heard her laugh like she actually felt the joy she was emoting. It was encouraging to seen her have such a good time. We even got a little father/daughter time that lead to a beautiful conversation. We discussed her "new" style, books she's reading, and "energy quants as related to temporal anomalies (sp?)." I have to admit, that last part went way over my head. I had no idea what she was rambling on about. She has always loved studying and discussings The Sciences. She was able to celesstially navigate our journeys on the Serendipity at the age of 10 with what appeared to be little effort. Of course the whole time she was doing it she would be singing a silly song, painting her nails, performing impromtu plays, or just endlessly pestering me for a quick stop to go swimming. She really is a genius: in a "head-in-the-clouds" kind of way. That young woman is destined for great things.

W.B.'s good spirit and all the help I'm being offered has made me feel optimistic for the first time since...........well, since Sarah.

I don't know why I find it hard to say her name when I'm feeling happy. I suppose it's because I still feel ashamed I can look forward to a future when her hopes, dreams, and desires ended 7 years ago.

John says I'm an idiot for feeling that way. Did I mention my dearest friend is an asshole? Who tells their friend he's an idiot when he's grieving? This morning, however, I think I will reassess his tactless words and let my mind settle into a calm sea of optimism.

Hank

Me
to Hank
Oct 15 (2 days ago)
To: Hank Morgan <hauntedhank>
Date: Oct 15, 2006 7:01 AM
Subject: Re: Strange Language

Hank,

It's good to hear that you and your daughter are mending fences. Single parents have it tougher in many ways, especially when the other parent has passed away. My parents divorced when I was very young, so all I've ever known is a single-parent lifestyle, but it must be so hard when something like that happens.

Your daughter sounds like a very interesting person! So what kind of books is she reading? If she's interested in phenomena like energy quanta and temporal anomalies I might be able to recommend a couple of good titles -- though perhaps she's read them already.

I'm sure John means only the best. He's probably just frustrated that such a close friend is so unhappy. I don't mean to pry, but...may I ask what happened to Sarah?

-Phoebe

P.S. The recording is being worked on. Not much in the way of results yet, but at least we've got it written down.

>> @ancalime | tumblr: galacticdrift <<

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:36 pm
 ICQ Number 
Sylvia
I Have No Life

Reply from Hank to my above email

Quote:
Subject: Re: Rita is Right
Sylvia,

I didn't miss W.B.'s birthday. We had a great time! She was her old self, and that was good to see. We have had our troubles in the past, but hopefully we're working on fixing the bad blood. Like me, W.B.'s interested in the Bermuda Triangle, but not for the same reasons. I think her love of physics is related to her need to discredit me and my work. I haven't always been the best father, but I've learned from my mistakes. I'm trying to heal some of those wounds, I just have so much work to do.

I'm confused by some of your language there, Sylvia. I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you meant in the last paragraph.

Oh, and I actually appreciate your being blunt. It's a fine quality.

Hank

To which I replied with this:
Quote:
Sorry Hank,

I sent that in haste. Then later i found out from a friend that you had actually spent the day with W.B. I am glad you two had a wonderful day together, creating a memory to last a life time.

As for the language in the last paragraph, I assume you mean these words:

I believe this is what they mean

"p kol" == (not sure about the p but) "kol" == man
"di esetula" == of regret
"gora" == fury
"Yshk ny takma" == for the end
"teyailn" == there

So basically what I was trying to say in that last line is this:

You must think about what you are doing before you become "a man" full "of regret." And W. B., if not already, full of "fury." "For the end" is not yet. You have time to make amends before "there" is "regret."

I believe those have something to do with those strange recordings you have been getting out there in the Triangle.

Once again, Sorry
Sylvia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:22 pm
nukedog
Boot

Got this email from Hank.

Quote:

Look here Michael,

I don't know what you're after but watch yourself. Kendra's email? You must think I'm stupid. I may not know much about the technology, but I know enough to keep perverts away from my daughter!

Hank

On 10/16/06, me wrote:

Henry,

I know this must be difficult for you to understand but we think the
strange messages you've been recording have something to do with
Kendra. Is there any we can contact her to ask her a few questions?

Michael.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:04 pm
molecularr
Unfettered

Ha! Hank called you a pervert! Laughing

Anyway, I just got one from him, too. My email was basically the same thing as my comment, and he just replied,
Hank wrote:
I'm glad to have you and your friends working on this. You're diligence is appreciated.

Thanks Again,
Hank

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:21 pm
 ICQ Number 
Sylvia
I Have No Life

Gtalk with Hank

Caught Hank on line and took a chance.

Quote:
Hank is busy.
Sylvia:
Hi Hank, I see your busy but do you have time to talk

Hank:
I wondered what that dang beeping was.

Sylvia:
sorry
have you made an progress on that language

Hank:
Not yet
How about you?

Sylvia:
no, none
have you seen Bryan

Hank:
Not yet. He's hard to get a hold of.

Sylvia:
dang, I was hoping he could shine some light on that recording
how is Kendra doing and John

Hank:
Kendra's a bit angry, but that's nothing too new

Sylvia:
angry? about what

Hank:
Those emails kind of scared her . even thought she'd never admit it

Sylvia:
wow
wonder why

Hank:
Wouldn't you be scared if you suddenly started receiving emails from total strangers appearing to have personal private information about you?

Sylvia:
yes i would, how many have you received
what do they say

Hank:
me?
Kendra said at dinner the other night she had received at least 12 emails from people claiming they knew me and stuff about her.

Sylvia:
wow
you don't know who they are from

Hank:
Yeah. It's good to talk to you Sylvia. I've got to get a few things done. John and I are heading out soon. There's a lot I still need to do to be prepared. We're going to see if we can get any more recordings. I'm going to update my blog here in a bit. Hopefully I hear back from Bryan soon.

Sylvia:
great, put up some of those emails so me and my friends can see if we can help figure out what is going on.
have a good night Hank

Hank:
Good night, Sylvia. Sleep well.

Sent at 11:50 PM on Wednesday

OK, so he is either:
1. Talking about the emails you guys have sent saying we know Hank and so on. If this is the case, then maybe a better introduction is needed. OR
2. Kendra really is receiving threatening emails from someone. We have to get her to open up somehow. Get her to talk.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:06 am
Sylvia
I Have No Life

hope this helps

After chatting with John I sent the following email to Hank. We have to teach him so I've begun.

Quote:
Hank

How are you doing. I was talking to John earlier and he told me about it being the anniversary of Sarah's death and the tragic way she died. I'm so sorry, I wish there was something I could do to take the pain away. Sometimes it helps to just talk about these things so if you want to talk I'm here. But I also have to say I find it so hard to believe that a woman would shoot herself, especially with a shot gun, that just doesnt sound right to me.

On a different note, what got you started going out there in the Triangle in the first place and why do you keep going other than the strange voice/s you record.

Speaking of voices, we have been able to make some progress on that last recording. We finally got it transcribed and Bryan corrected it for us. Since I don't know if anyone else has sent it to you yet I will go ahead and give it to you and the few words we have translated.

Ridgarl tei (is) chanzer. Ruk (this) tei (is) klyk (not) p (a) ghirld. Eshulst: ruk (this) tei (is) klyk (not) p (a) ghirld. Shen enedia srk (you) jhi ny (the) nbezik yshk (for) nokovaeda. Malekia ny (the) crashilu (knowledge) di (of) shundaj (our) jyjoril kajickek ny (the) lanfyr. Fh tei (it) ny (the) jhi kyakan ghyra (we) aladi (have) ra (to) viindor shundaj (our) terin. Yshk (For) Lanti (Atlantis), yshk (for) La (God), yshk (for) Gai (Earth).

I also think that eshulst = repeat, ghirld = test, fh = it

We did manage to learn some new words from Bryan for example he told us this:

Neshtal, Lanti tei p shantilan etshunda. Defsh uik tei ny crashilu. iykesh srk

Indeed Atlantis is a beautiful thing. More so is the knowledge. thank you

I know you think that numbers website was put up by some crazy or something but you're not going to believe this. We found a recording on there and two web pages with language similar to your recordings. Bryan helped us to translate most of it but the first part the webmaster of the site helped us. We don't know the webmaster's name. He/She just said we could call him/her "friend" for now. But to tell the story I guess I will begin at the beginning. http://746865656e64.com/

First the numbers 746865656e64 are hexadecimal for "the end" which is "ny takma" in the language we have been working on.

Next we found this in the source code of one of the pages before October 13:

ra nnra koldaaj, jal hasya adjnak ny nukvad.

to preserve humanity, ___ must unleash the ___.

And then this and as time went by we got it translated:

Yshk Lanti, Yshk La, Yshk Gai

For Atlantis, For God, For Earth

And this:

Ny tyld di Lanti

The (Story) of Atlantis

Then we found this recording labeled yshklanti.mp3. We transcribed it and our "friend," the webmaster, corrected it and Bryan helped to translate it:

Ra nednai ny takma, peynin hasya keilyn ny moquin. Teyailn vyl esun mrkzai di peynin di Gai, teyailn vyl Lanti, teyailn vyl La, en masi ust awlyn.

To understand the end, man must know the beginning. There was one civilization of man of Earth, there was Atlantis, there was God and then came others.

I'm sure by now you can see the similarities this has with the stuff you have been recording. So maybe you should take a look at the site. I put a link to it above just in case. But I will continue on anyway with the last two things that are there now:

Lanti vyl p shantilan lafvyl hj ny tilnlyl ksi acktrol etshundan.

Atlantis was a beautiful place but the people did horrible thing.

Ruk peynin srk esutl smilan thyr jalun srk ra ny ishko di ny eutshoo.

This man you first seek will lead you to the blood of the king. <--- we think you are "this man"

Ny atunama tei hyk, yshk srk hasya tollen en trikara kol di kon kanjal katutel.

The _____ is ___, for you must ___ and ___ him of his ____ ____.

Ny gharsharn kol tolkma monlj j kon fejatala.

The daughter he found brought on his obsession.

Mshn klyk shorm kol yshk ny kayk di kon ponkhn.

Do not ____ him for the ___ of his ____.

This next part we have very little translated but I will put it here in case you might think of something.

Gilnor osen thfr ij licij tednot lankala beche rawet ivektol. Ny cherl di (of) p (a) sonlal nerfen. Chisheck gilnor osen tikov ny (the) ishka (blood) di (of) ny (the) eutshoo (king). Jal tei (is) rean enedia kol (him) en (and) hasya (must) ske (be?) tolkna (found). Craah (in) lyshaan un (i) hasya (must) nlyuk yshk (for) iance. Chisheck shktol aladi (have) masuka goro rnel kn geifyl ra (to) shundaj (our) shalan. Jkl kintala gry ocktel.

Well that's it. I know this has been a long email but I'm hoping that by helping you to understand will help me to understand. Did that sound right?

Sorry for throwing all this on you at once.

Sylvia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:37 am
Sylvia
I Have No Life

Tonight at 8:00 pm EST AIM chat room Ny Takma
email from Hank

Quote:
Just as I was feeling confident in my decisions to trust strangers, things have to go haywire. I appreciate all your diligence and look forward to talking to you all tonight in our online meeting. As strange as this may sound, I miss those of you with whom I found friendship. And I feel saddened by the unexplored friendships of those I was just beginning to know. If you have any questions or just want to say hello, drop into the aim room "Ny Takma" at 8:00 pm EST. John and I look forward to seeing you there.

Hank

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:55 am
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
Jump to: