Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:33 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
[Newsletter] The Triangle Chronicles
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
Sylvia
I Have No Life

[Newsletter] The Triangle Chronicles
by: Hank Morgan and John Valentine

Volume I
October 2006

Quote:
What Is The Bermuda Triangle?
The Bermuda Triangle is an area of extreme mystery roughly defined by Bermuda, Puerto Rico, and the southern tip of Florida. Historical documents attribute this area to the disappearances of a number of ships and planes under inexplicable circumstances. The most notable being the incidents surrounding a squadron of five Navy Bombers on Training Flight 19 out of Ft. Lauderdale on December 5, 1945.

Quote:
Flight 19
Flight 19 consisted of expert pilots who, after reporting a number of odd visual effects, simply disappeared. The TBM Avenger bombers should have been found easily due to their design. They were made for the water as well as the air and could float for long periods of time. The day following the disappearances, the seas were calm. It should have been an easy search and rescue mission, yet no evidence of the pilots or vessels were found. The team in charge of recovering the Flight 19 disappeared during the search. The Navy's report of the accident officially listed the cause as "reasons unknown." Throughout recorded history, many more vessels have disappeared, and countless witnesses have seen or heard unexplainable things.

I heard the mystery of Flight 19 shortly after enlisting in the United States Navy. The story was taught in basic training as a way of scaring new recruits. Instead of being afraid, I wanted to learn all I could about it. I soon learned the reports of odd occurances in the Triangle began many years before the infamous Flight 19.

Quote:
Columbus Logs Anomalies
The first documentation of anomalies in the area came from Christopher Columbus. It is said that while adrift in the Sargasso Sea, one of Columbus' crewmen found a rose branch floating in the water. This sign of land rekindled their spirits, but days later they still had not reached land. Columbus logged, "There exists the possibility of never leaving this legendary sea. My compass acts strangely. I will not report this to my crew because of their growing superstitions of the area." Later he described a "bolt of fire" falling into the sea, an unexplainable lights on the horizon.

Quote:
My Recordings
Throughout recorded history, many more vessels have disappeared. Countless witnesses have reported seeing and/or hearing unexplainable things while traveling through the Bermuda Triangle. I am no exception. In my years of sailing through her, I have had many unusual experiences. The current phenomena baffling me most is the sound of someone or something chanting over my radio. The first time I heard it, I was replacing a burned out port light when the radio grew quite loud. Sometimes this happens two or three times a day and is more of a nuisance than the kind of undisputable evidence I'm looking for. Still, I logged the date and time of the occurance and resigned myself to a day of listening to static. Then I heard the voice. I'd never heard a language even close to this in my travels. I grabbed my hand-held tape recorder and archived the sounds. Recently, I sent the recordings to various linguistic experts and have been blessed with the help of various online friends. I believe we're getting closer to a translation.

It's important to note my research partner and good friend Johnathan Valentine is the one who made my transition to the computer age possible.

The Initial Recording

Quote:
Testimony Of Events by John Valentine
I've known Hank since High School and enjoyed a stint in the Navy with him. Later, while Hank was off on his wild goose chase, I was setting up shop working on yachts and sailing vessels. About 6 years ago, I asked Hank to take me on one of his outings. The majority of the trip was rather uneventful, but I did manage to catch a Marlin on the first day. The second night out is when I had my first experience with what Hank calls, "the complexities of the Triangle" or some cryptic crap like that. We were doing some minor repairs when the radio came to life. Hank said it happened a lot and to just ignore it. Within a few seconds, a barely audible voice could be heard chanting in some weird language. Now I was by no means a believer in the paranormal, but I knew Hank well enough to know there was NO WAY he could have rigged the radio to do that. He can barely read his email without help (you don't want to know how many fires I've had to put out for his blog). The events of our trip made me realize Hank was in a bit over his head and needed my technological expertise. How else would he be able to share his findings? Now I'm stuck in a leaky old boat with this old geezer who's as ugly as he is smelly, wishing I was in a bar studying the complexities of some beautiful red-head's triangle.

Footer:
Quote:
Haunted Hank Adrift In The Bermuda Triangle 3201346607

ETA:
The Pictures are in the newsletter, I copied them to my flickr account for archival purposes.

Read and follow the instructions for this blog entry to get the newsletter.

http://hauntedhank.blogspot.com/2006/09/cry-for-help.html
Quote:
A Cry For Help...

I am Hank, and I love the sea. When I venture on land I lay my bones in Florida, but the sea's my real home. Over the past 17 years I have been obsessed with one particular area. For various reasons, I have done my share of paranormal research in the Triangle. The area has stolen my soul. I fear it may do the same for others who may try to help me, but I don't know what to do any longer. The enigmatic sounds eminating from the deep are undecipherable to me. I must know what they mean lest I lose my sanity. It doesn't matter what frequency I turn to on the radio, I keep hearing these voices.

It amazes me every day that so much in life is unexplained and how much the Triangle distorts my reality. I don't know if I can ever convince people that my findings are real and to help, but that's why I am here.

If you're interested in my various findings and what you can do, I will be mailing a series of short weekly newsletters soon, please send the following information to hauntedhankSPLATgmail.com

Name:
Address:
Email:
Phone #: (optional)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:18 pm
Last edited by Sylvia on Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:58 pm; edited 5 times in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
nukedog
Boot

sylvia,

did you post those pics to flickr or were they on there in the newsletter?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:47 pm
Sokrates
Greenhorn

could you forward this email to me?
csagmeisterSPLATgmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:48 pm
ancalime
Unfettered

What email did this come from? I want to make sure it gets added to my non-spam filter since I haven't gotten the newsletter yet.

>> @ancalime | tumblr: galacticdrift <<

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:46 pm
 ICQ Number 
molecularr
Unfettered

It's all been either from hauntedhankSPLATgmail.com or chasingtrianglesSPLATgmail.com (John Valentine).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:49 pm
 ICQ Number 
ancalime
Unfettered

Hrm. Odd. Well, hopefully it'll turn up in my inbox soon.

In the meanwhile, I think I agree with Hank that his friend's a bit of an @hole. XD

>> @ancalime | tumblr: galacticdrift <<

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:57 pm
 ICQ Number 
Orphevs
Boot

You kidding?! I love that guy! We need up some more Average Joe characters in the world of ARGs. And the fact that he likes redheads means we'll pobably get more picures of redheads. And I'm all about more redheads.

What would you give
to know the truth?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:01 pm
Sylvia
I Have No Life

Please -- #nytakma
take it to chat

Let's try to keep the forum threads easy to read and find info. General chat should be taken to #nytakma in chat or send Private Messages. The forums should be used only for information / character interaction / speculation / meta / puzzles / solutions that way things will be easier to find and the threads want get so long with unnecessary info.

This could be a great game yet, but bogged down in all this unnecessary information will cause people to lose interest.

ETA: We have a new chat channel for our game, please come join the fun in #nytakma. Things get solved a lot faster in chat and we can spec as much as we want.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:14 pm
Zazaban
Decorated

If it helps the map was from Microsoft Encarta.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:44 pm
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
Jump to: