Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

The Black Watchmen Project

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:13 am
All times are UTC - 6
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Sammeeeees
[EMAIL] from Ben via Flickr started 10/7
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 3 [40 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
konamouse
Official uF Dietitian

[EMAIL] from Ben via Flickr started 10/7
- he is worried about his mother, created his own Flickr on 10/10

Per HHR's request, I contacted Ben via Flickr. I gave him my gmail addy but he just replied using the Flickr instead.

konamouse wrote:
This is a friend of Happy. And also a friend of Betty.
We're trying to help find her.

Last time I emailed her, I suggest you follow her on her next mission to take pictures. Did you do that? Can you post them here?

If you can, send me an email to let me know you are okay. If there is anything I can do, let me know. I grew up in Santa Monica and Happy & I have a lot in common.

Hugs,
Heather

Ben wrote:
Hi Heather,
Where's my Mom? Is she ok? I'm ok. I'm at my Aunt Jayne's
house. Sorry but I don't have any pictures. My Mom
wouldn't let me follow her on Thursday. (cuz it was school
day) She left me a note saying I had to go to Aunt Jayne's
if she wasn't home by 5. Aunt Jayne wants to call the
police but Mom said in her note that we can't call them.
Is my Mom with her friends from her game? Do you know
them? My Mom also told me not to tell my Dad but he's
going to wonder why she isn't calling him or sending him
pictures here. What should I do?
Ben

I'll let him know that she is with her game friends, she wants to know that he is okay but we don't know how to contact her right now. Her friend Betty and a bunch of us are going to try to find her. That he should stay put and don't talk to strangers. Maybe he should take a few pictures every once in a while so his dad doesn't get worried?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:42 am
Last edited by konamouse on Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Sylvia
I Have No Life

Ben, SOS your Mom's In Trouble

Kona, I got impatient this morning, sorry if I overstepped the boundaries. I didn't know what time you would be back. So I went out on a limb and flickr mailed Ben also.

Sylvia at 6.15am PDT wrote:
Subject: Ben, SOS your Mom's In Trouble

Ben please hurry. The October 5th mission was a set up by Mr. Alan Johnson and he has your Mom, Higgs, Addison, Trinket and Dwin locked away somewhere. Betty was late getting to the spot and saw what was happening and managed to get away before they could get her.

Look at this video

www.youtube.com/profile?user=monsieralanjohnson

My friends and I found this via a scrambled note Betty received.
Higgs mentioned that he had a woman following him, do you know who she is? Maybe, she can help.

Let me know asap, how we can help.

Hurry Ben
Sylvia

This is Ben's reply:
Ben at 8.29am PDT wrote:
Subject: Re: Ben, SOS your Mom's In Trouble

WTF! Where is my Mom? She seems really nervous. Who are you? Can you help find my Mom? This is over the top for a game! Dad told her not to get involved in this creepy on-line stuff. I don't know what I should do. Is Mr. Johnson some sort of weirdo? Why would he do this? You know my Mom has been rambling on and on over the last couple months that this wasn't a game but I only half listened. I don't usually listen to people who wear tin hats! My Dad says this is a mid-life crisis. He's going to kill her. I thought she was just REALLY into it. If this isn't a game then maybe Aunt Jayne should call the police. I'm going to get Aunt Jayne to take me home and we can go through my Mom's Sammeeeee stuff and see if we can figure out where these guys could be.
Ben

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:01 pm
konamouse
Official uF Dietitian

Different approaches

I was trying to be nice to a 16 yo kid, you just went for the gut. I figure the PMs will take the route they need for the story to progress. No toe stepping.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:42 pm
Jotacon
Decorated

Maybe him going home and looking through his mom's Sammeeeee stuff will give us another little hint.
Finished: Avelon, Last Call Poker, PXC S1, City of Domes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:01 pm
Sylvia
I Have No Life

I thought so to Jotacon and sent this reply. If the PMs didn't want this approach then Ben would not have replyed to my first. That's the way I see it. Besides at first I thought that Happy was trying to get a message to Betty but from Betty's response to the video that didn't seem logical any more. So in my mind that ment we needed to let Ben in on the big secret.

I sent the following reply to Ben.

Sylvia at 5.55pm PDT wrote:
Subject:Re: Ben, SOS your Mom's In Trouble

Ben maybe this will help. Here is Betty's eamil :

bettyisasammeeeeeSPLATyahoo.com

Also you might want to look at this:

www.myspace.com/bettyisasammeeeee

from there you can get to your Mom's and the other's myspace pages.

Did you and your Aunt find anything in your Mom's Sammeeeee stuff that could help me or my team to help you.

If there is anything I and my friends can do to help, please let me know.

Be Careful,
Sylvia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:37 pm
Citizen Kane
Unfettered

Recieved this myself:

Quote:
Thank you whoever this is. Why is my Mom with Mr. Alan Johnson? I thought Mom said he was the bad guy. What happened? Is this part of her game? Do you know how long she'll be gone?
Ben

After I sent:

Quote:
Ben, You're mom's okay and not to worry.

She's with a Mr. Alan Johnson. Though I doubt he'd send that message, this is what she wanted sent and in exactly those words.

Yeah, was figuring those might be codewords or something at the time Razz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:40 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 ICQ Number 
konamouse
Official uF Dietitian

10/8 from Ben -

konamouse wrote:
Glad you are in a safe place. Yes, your mom is with her game friends (have you met them before?). She got out a message out that she is okay and worried about you (that is why I sent the flickr mail to you). But we couldn't figure out where she was at the time.

I only just met her game friends. One of them (Betty) is in NYC by now and will work to help us find your mom and the others. I'm not sure about how to keep your dad from getting worried.

Meanwhile, don't talk to strangers! If you decided to post any pictures on the flickr to keep your dad from being worried, don't give away your location - in case anyone from this game decides to bring you into it.

Keep going to school for now. Do your homework and keep to a normal schedule. I've got some game friends I trust who are good at finding missing people. We will not rest until we bring your mom home to you.

Ben wrote:
My Aunt Jayne and I went through my Mom's game stuff yesterday and I found a few more photos of her on her "foster freeze" mission. (Thanks for the idea of putting more photos on her page.) I don't know if the "foster freeze" was a real mission or just that my Mom wanted the excuse to go off her diet. She loves Foster Freeze. These photos should keep my Dad from flipping out and asking questions for a little while. I'm still going over her game junk. There isn't as much as I thought. She seemed to use the shredder a lot. From what I have read so far on her pink post its my Mom really thinks she's saving the world from Spoocheeeee. Thank you for helping me with this. I mean it is weird. I don't think any of my friends Moms play these games. This is a game right? My Aunt Jayne did call a friend of hers who works for the Santa Monica Police and he said it sounds like my Mom is probably having an affair and has concocted a story to cover the affair. Who would have an affair with my Mom? She's wearing a tin hat! I didn't show Aunt Jayne the video link of them. This is all a little embarrassing and Aunt Jayne already talk about my Mom like she's an idiot.
I will put her photos on here later.
Thank you for helping me with my nutty Mom.
Ben

What is her "pink post"? This whole thing starts with a pink card from Peeps.....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:45 pm
Mountain Girl
Unfettered

Well, there's this

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:54 pm
drizjr
Unfictologist

I think he means post-it notes. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:56 pm
Sylvia
I Have No Life

Peed not Peep
It's all about Loss

OK, so i got a little peed when Ben sent the info I requested to kona. So last night I sent this:

Sylvia 9 Oct '06, 1.14am PDT wrote:
Subject: Sorry, but it's your loss

I guess, i must have offended you somehow, telling you about the danger you mom is in. If so I'm sorry, but it's your loss, If I learn anything else I will most certainly NOT WASTE my time telling you.

Then today I received this:
9 Oct '06, 7.19am PDT wrote:
Subject: Re: Sorry, but it's your loss

Hey again, Sylvia
You did not make me mad. I was only shocked to see my Mom on that video. It scared me but I'm glad you showed it to me. I could see for myself that she's ok and she's with her friends doing whatever they're doing. Could you tell me why this is so important to all of you? Do you guys think my Mom was right when she said this wasn't a game? I don't know, it sounds stupid, but I found something in her office. I am trying to piece it together. Can I send it to you later? I understand if you are too busy for this. Just let me know. And thank you for being honest with me and not treating me like a kid. I hate it when people aren't up front with me. I am sixteen not six.
Ben

As soon as I get my toughts together, I will send him a reply.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:12 pm
konamouse
Official uF Dietitian

So I'm acting more like a mother.....

10/8
konamouse wrote:
Ben,
Your mom is not having an affair. She has just been expanding her imagination and giving herself an outlet for creativity and meeting new people (well, that's what I have told my friends and family about doing this sort of stuff).
Thanks for finding stuff about the "Foster Freeze" mission. I look forward to seeing them - maybe there will be some clues to finding out where she is now.
Can you check through her stuff for anything related to someone called "Peeps"? Or "The Tall Man"? Don't leave anything uncovered. There might be papers in code (I have some great code solving friends). Look for phone numbers also. Heck, once I even figured out how to put a shredded piece of paper together. Do you have a scanner? You can put up the pieces?
Hang in there buddy, you can do this. We're here to help you bring your mom back safe & sound.
Speaking of coming back, when is your dad due home? Are you going to be able to hold him off if he calls? Hopefully Aunt Jayne won't call him. At least for awhile.

10/9
Ben wrote:
Hi Heather,

I put up the photos of my Mom at Fosters Freeze. I don't think there is anything in these photos other than her lame mission. I put up little notes for my Dad but it didn't sound like my Mom so I dumped them. Also, there was one thing. See that guy next to my Mom when she's at the window and then I took a photo of just him at the window? My Mom told me to get his photo. She said that he was following her all day and had also followed us when we did the library mission. It could be just her paranoia. I don't know. What you think? And I did find something at my Mom's too. Remember you said you found stuff in your shredder once? Well I went and dumped her shredder and found pieces of paper that kinda look like they were shredded but it is obvious that they weren't. I don't know if my Mom put them there for a reason or what. But it is weird. Why would she cut up paper and put it in the shredder? Kinda nutty. I can't make sense of it. My Mom made notes along the bottom so I just lined up her letters and numbers. I put it together as best as I could but it is missing stuff. I emailed someone called Onion and told them about it too. I'll put it up as soon as I get my camera. I left it at Aunt Jaynes. She isn't too far from our house so it won't be long.
Ben

New photos put up for the "Fosters Mission". That is a real ice cream shop near the Santa Monica Community College (yes, I've been there) and Woodlawn cemetery (from where the five were taken) - here is is on Mapquest.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:07 pm
Sylvia
I Have No Life

Earlier today I sent this to Ben:

Sylvia @9 Oct '06, 4.51pm PDT wrote:

Subject: Sorry I Scared You, But...

Ben

Sorry to scare you, but you needed to know. Obviously, you may know more than you think you do. Were you not your mom's photographer and followed her on several of her missions, though you thought it was only a game. Be assured, This Is Not A Game.

You must trust me and my friends.

Just so you will know more about Mr. Alan Johnson and how dangerous he might be take a look at these and decide for yourself.

misteralanjohnson.blogspot.com/
www.myspace.com/misteralanjohnson
www.myspace.com/littlefranciskinder
letmeexplainthefive.blogspot.com/

The fact that you are 16 means that you especially need to be wary of this Mr. Johnson and this Dr. Kinder because it was at the age of 16 that these two got their grubby little hands on this so called Peeps aka Buck Jones.

Your mom and the group she is with believe that Peeps is a good person and at this point I have to believe your mom. So yes, any info you can share with us will help us to help your mom and her friends and keep you safe at the same time.

I also suggest you send what you have found soon, as I will be gone for the most part the next few days. So to be on the safe side, send Heather a copy of what you have found also.

Stay Safe,
Sylvia

Then I realized he might need an email in case he actually needed to send what he had found to someone instead of posting to flickr where his dad might see it. So I sent this:

Sylvia at 9 Oct '06, 6.22pm PDT wrote:

Subject:Forgot to give you my email

In case you need it here is my email. You can send anything to me that you don't want to post on your mom's flickr site.

****@****.com

Sylvia

Ben replyed with the following:
Ben at 9 Oct '06, 8.50pm PDT wrote:

Subject:Re: Forgot to give you my email

Thanks Sylvia
I put up the photos that I took of the paper pieces I found in my Mom's shredder. I think some pieces are missing. I'll keep looking through the shredder basket. Thanks for the links too. This is so weird and kinda scary. I am definitely staying with my Aunt Jayne at night but I am at my Mom's house most of the day (when I'm not in school). Maybe I shouldn't go there by myself. If I do go there I will be more careful when I go alone. Mr. Johnson sounds even creepier than what my Mom had told me about him. I will post whatever I find here unless you guys think it isn't safe. Do you think Johnson is watching me?
Ben

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:45 pm
audioslave
Unfettered

Quote:

Hi Justin,
How weird is this? I have complete strangers coming to me on my missing Mom's flickr account to help find her. It was weird enough when my Mom started playing this "game". And now she's disappeared but I can see her on youtube being held captive. Not your average Mom! If I wasn't so scared for her, it would be really funny. Did you see the photos on here? My Mom wears a tin hat. Believe me she's so nice and has never seemed this out there before. Makes me wonder if all of this is real. Someone just told me that this is not a game. Maybe they're right. What do you think? I mean why else would my Mom get like this? It was nice of you to write.
Take care.
Ben

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:55 am
Last edited by audioslave on Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
konamouse
Official uF Dietitian

[EMAIL] from Ben via Flickr 10/10
- Dad is unnerved, some photos are now private (friends only)

konamouse wrote:
Hey, I know that Fosters Freeze. I used to teach swimming at the pool across the street (the Santa Monical Community College). Do you remember what she did on this mission (who she spoke to and what she said/what was said back to her?). Did she get anything (paper, book, etc) upon completing this mission?

Regarding the guy at the window. I think your mom was right to take his picture, too bad you didn't get one of his face. Any chance there are some of him in any of the library mission photos that weren't already posted?

Yeah, there are definitely 6 strips missing. Even with a few trusted friends who are good with codes are having a tough time with this one. Can you look through the papers again? Good job pasting it together!

I think we make a pretty good team!

Ben wrote:
My Dad saw the taped together letters and wants to know whats going on! He left a message on our service and he sounded really mad because he thinks my Mom has dragged me into this game and he had told her he didn't want me getting involved. I'm going to have to write him an email and say I'm my Mom and explain. This sucks! I took them out of the public section and I made them private for friends only. (Dad's not on that list) My Mom didnt' even know how to do it. I found three more strips I will put them up when I get home from school. Do these letters say where my Mom is?

And on the Foster Freeze mission my Mom didn't get anything that I know of. She thought there would be a really important message in the bag about something called the rose? or something like a rose. I was only half listening. Sorry. When we got in the car she looked inside the bag and she said it was empty. I'll keep looking for stuff later. My Aunt Jayne is making me breakfast. She's totally like Martha Stewart. She makes every meal this BIG deal. But she's an awesome cook! Talk to you later.
Ben

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:08 am
Citizen Kane
Unfettered

Got this just now, Oct 10:

Quote:
:: Re: Sammeeeees

Hi CK,
I'm ok. There have been a few new Sammeeeees asking me
questions about my Mom's game and her missions and stuff.
I don't know that much about her missions except that she
wasn't supposed to tell the other Sammeeeees about them.
And she did say on the ride home after she met with
Patricia Moore that Patricia told her that she was watching
out for the Sammeeeees and that even though she works for
Spoocheeeee her heart was with the Sammeeeees. Mom got a
little weepy and told me that she felt safer knowing this.
Of course I barely was listening because I was thinking it
was just her nutty game. Sylvia sent me some of the links
to the info from Mr. Johnson on why he's holding my Mom and
her friends. Why would someone hold people prisoners to
find a friend? He's breaking the law. How lame is this
guy? I haven't told my Aunt Jayne all this yet but I heard
her again on the phone with her friend who's a Santa Monica
Policeman last night. They are totally convinced that my
Mom has left me and my Dad to run away with someone named
Alan Johnson and this whole story is her nutty way of not
hurting our feelings. I think it may be better if they do
think that for now.
Thanks for checking in with me.
Ben

This was in reply to an earlier email I had sent:
Quote:
Hey Ben,
Haven't received an update from you. Are you okay?
Any word yet on your mother? I know a few of the other new Sammeeeees are working on getting her free. I've heard you had some shredded paper you were trying to put together. Perhaps that'd be a clue on her location?

If you don't mind, would you please tell me a bit about her missions? Like, what had she found, where did she go, and if anyone was following her? Sorry if I seem to pry, but I'm trying to help her out as well, even if I seem a bit to the point. I have a mild case of Silent Protaganist Syndrome. ;P

CK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:59 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 ICQ Number 
Page 1 of 3 [40 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Sammeeeees
Jump to: