Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:18 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Catching the Wish (CTW2) » CTW2: Quick Ref, Questions, and Meta
PINS!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

PINS!!!

Okay, so in chat we were discussing the pins on the map on the intranet. Generally, after discussing the fact that everyone's maps will be different based on their individual "interests" and whatnot, we decided ti would be cool to see everyone's maps.

i labeled people if i knew who they were, i also labeled marzent, dale, and sarah for kicks. you don't have to lable the same way, but labels of some sort will help deciphering.
pins.JPG
 Description   
 Filesize   40.63KB
 Viewed   814 Time(s)

pins.JPG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:11 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Mountain Girl
Unfettered

Here's what mine looks like.
PinMapAIN.png
 Description   
 Filesize   241.97KB
 Viewed   755 Time(s)

PinMapAIN.png

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:05 am
Sylvia
I Have No Life

And this is mine. Although I've noticed that things change each time I log on. As if it is dynamic and changes as people update their profiles.

For a larger view click here http://static.flickr.com/66/207769019_19200ae863_o.jpg
AIN_scr4.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   100.98KB
 Viewed   743 Time(s)

AIN_scr4.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:56 am
Last edited by Sylvia on Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Killalaz
Decorated

Ill edit this post with the pic later, but for now I will just tell you who is in my "inner circle" thing.
Carol Hathaway
ROGIOCNORB
DASHCAT
KIMBERLEY MEYER
MEGAN WEST
SANDRA7
PILARGUEST
SYLVIAguest
Cloudsleeper
MountainGirl
HetherHunter

Sorry for the list but I have a head ache and am not in the mood to edit the pic with all the labels right now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:52 am
 ICQ Number 
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Killa, while the effort is uhm, appriciated, there is no inner circle on the map. everyone will be ON your map, it was more a matter of where exactly people appear in relation to each other and to you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:35 pm
mapmaker
Unfettered

Uhm, Pixie, there is an inner circle on the map. It's that grey circle. While what Killa gave is not picture-perfect, it's a start (especially since he said he was going to post a pic later).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:59 pm
Shelina
Unfettered

Killalaz wrote:
PILARGUEST

Thats me Razz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:57 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rogi Ocnorb
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

Due to how dynamic the graph is, It's probably fruitless to try and nail much down as they keep adding folks and we enter our interests. Maybe in a week or something, it'll have settled down enough for that. It's also obviously very different for each of us as it's comparing our single ID to each other individual ID. While mine shows me and Sam as a virtually a single pin, we are quite distant on someone else's map, possibly even in separate quadrants based on that user's in-common interests. Users who have entered NO interests are probably getting the best picture of how we are ALL identified by our interests. Should we start a thread to identify all of us by our AIN ID's? I know who a lot of them belong to, but I see someone who's set-up two accounts and at least one who I suspect isn't one of us (Not the SPAM Sifter). Curious about yours, kona... How are you planning to handle issues that might arise with you calling yourself a relative of in-game characters. Just deny the Hunters are your parents and not admit who is?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:09 pm
Last edited by Rogi Ocnorb on Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Citizen Kane
Unfettered

Who's the one with two accounts? I know I tried to set two up, but so far, only one is. My ID is JamesSteele, btw.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:22 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 ICQ Number 
Rogi Ocnorb

I'd hate to interfere with someone's plan, if there is one, so I'll pass on naming names.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:34 pm
Sylvia
I Have No Life

Just to give you some idea how things change.

Click here for larger view http://static.flickr.com/68/207784061_50c2f88833_o.jpg
Ain_scr_5.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   48.98KB
 Viewed   624 Time(s)

Ain_scr_5.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:09 am
Killalaz
Decorated

Since the thread has got a lot longer since my last post I figured I would just add a new one.

Here is the labeled pins in my "inner circle". As you can see there is most definetly a circle there.

Let me know if the image is too small to read, I resized it for people with dial up. I can always post the original large one if need be thanks.
labelsSMALL.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   86.29KB
 Viewed   602 Time(s)

labelsSMALL.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:18 am
 ICQ Number 
Rogi Ocnorb

I've noticed some of us have set-up our "Online Content" links to blogs, etc. that discuss ARGs in general and in some cases, CTW, specifically. I had a link to my Google page when I first set up the tool and thought, what if an in-game character found this? What would it do to their reality? The PMs of this game would probably just not go there, but I didn't want to confuse the game. I assume from the character's improved response frequency using the Intranet communication channel, we're supposed to use this medium primarily. If we strike up relationships with the characters, they'll likely check us out, too. Just trying to keep my game face on. Or should I say mask?

I hope I'm misunderstanding how the pins work on the map. If they're of any use to anyone but the person with the gray pin, could someone tell me how?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:58 am
konamouse
Official uF Dietitian

Regarding "Heather Hunter" and my parents. If the PM(s) didn't want to allow it, they would have ignored it from the beginning.

The Hunters did not exist in the Aglaura universe until the vote was cast on the news page. But I started using the theme that I was a daughter of Aglaura in my communication with ingame characters when we were supporting the library cause. I think that in this case the PM was helping my "story" along - but purposefully adding Bob & Maggie to the town list (and then also adding them to the town map on the Intranet) since I also metioned to Sam how I was looking forward to using the Intranet to communicate with them.

Therefor - I proceed keeping my persona (Heather Hunter) in her character (and I'm pretty good at that). Which is why I agree with Rogi - we should keep our UF and ARGing stuff OUT of the IntraNet (at least in keeping with the theme of TINAG for the characters). That is why we have UF - for these types of discussions and musings and spec's (and record keeping).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:55 pm
Shelina
Unfettered

Oh, I'm not PILARGUEST anymore!!
I asked Sam to change it to Pilar Martin Wink

My closest pin is Rogi Very Happy and the closest in-game pin is Sarah Smile
I'd love to have a list of your AIN ids, I'm surrounded of red pins but I dont know who they are :S

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:44 pm
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Catching the Wish (CTW2) » CTW2: Quick Ref, Questions, and Meta
Jump to: