Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:27 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: VaporLofts
[LOCKED] [VL][trailhead] VaporLofts
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 13 of 14 [199 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
L.Boomer
Decorated

There are also some hidden code in the source of the new floorplan page.
Quote:

<!-- VNP/px4LA5gwEIGlGRZcYZa+LRL+09dhDrwPS4O6UCAqdOqJDkt/n9G/h/+7JmlJ8yBJ
9PqulmNy2zOHGqi0uEM3Wyo6gZ9OutWDmAesALiDJ5TUIIxO4t3y0MOXgS8iCPEcsx+w
D1d15W4Xsa0bJ0kLs/wtu8KRwiUB2YhIeR1PoU4UOWp4E2mpPD43JiJafyw/7+0A7GRa
BxmNqP/G53nbDKZybsMJRY73VsqCkKjzoW7tTXfJZ/lBl8KM2vKTWTC2KgMLChUjpEeA
iQ1FctNWGkzawEaT6A/HfYE6s030sQFwrUEOnxN76nlqpo5PapY2ka2kyo4= -->

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:55 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Silverkun
Decorated

Dag Nab It!

You know, I *knew* I should have looked here when my ARG-sense went off on my LJ...

I've been playing for the past few weeks and didn't even know it.

What little I can contribute is already in the comments under this name.

-R

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:38 pm
RoLLiNg_sToNe
Boot

i don't think any of the new floorplan images are stegged, but here's alternate text from image 03:

Spoiler (Rollover to View):

The image “http://vaporlofts.com/floor1c.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

regarding the voice, the concensus seems to be that it says "what do you want?" or it's saying a name "Robert something". does that help at all?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:45 pm
RoLLiNg_sToNe
Boot

...and here's the text from above and below the image of the room (image 03)

(top line)
tePsr3n56ttBm375hdslwEIQN6kFncTFXh/asvpEXGgmH68Txg==

(bottom line)
ZGMg+6jKVbF/sYgYmHs+XVg4GNdBVumtlpu38xfc45XUvePC45j8Q3oCBjKHz+leolU6tOzCgkubDHGqMaXQwg==

to me, they almost look like encoded balanced chemical equations. anyone else get that feeling?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:02 pm
Sporky
Veteran

All I can identify from that is Mg = Magnesium and Khz = kilohertz.

It could be chemical equations and the like, but I'm not sure what use that would have, unless it was like 'How to summon the undead in five easy steps' or something similar.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:11 pm
RoLLiNg_sToNe
Boot

either that, or maybe it has to to with how they generate power. that was a huge turbine in the old picture.

and forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but i searched the thread and couldn't find it:

"What is the gateway? Where does it lead to?"

"Perhaps we should ask the question differently. Perhaps we should ask ourselves where WE can lead IT."

"Can you provide images, or video? Any sort of proof?"

"I will see what I can do for you. But don't quote me on that."

this is from

http://www.vaporlofts.com/gateway.html

and the word "quote', is made to look like a hyperlink, but it's not (yet).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:26 pm
TPrime
Boot

RoLLiNg_sToNe wrote:

and the word "quote', is made to look like a hyperlink, but it's not (yet).

It might not be a link, but there is a quote.html which I don't think we had seen before.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:54 pm
GlitchTybalt
Boot

I recently had some correspondence with Anne...
My Email:
Anne:
It has come to my attention that serveral things are terribly wrong with
your situation. I'm not going to go into detail here, but I am concerned.
Please, tell me more about what's going on with this parrish fellow. It may
have some relevance to your new position with VaporLofts.

Sincerely,
Glitch Tybalt.

Her response:
Hello, Glitch.
Pretty forward of you to ask, I'd say. I'm heading out right now, so I'll make this pretty simple.
What I haven't said is kind of personal, but I'm not really big on secrets, either.

I met Frank Parrish (aka Mr. Paris - what a stupid nickname) when I was on vacation in Paris earlier this year. The long and the short of it is that I ended up drinking way too much and didn't really feel like going home alone. The next day, he took me to Gare Du Nord station, where he proceeded to drop my camera while attempting to be charming. I was so angry!

He posted the Craigslist missed connection ad after that, I guess, politely avoiding mentioning the night before (such a gentleman), but still dropping enough clues so that I'd know it was him. I didn't want to really acknowledge him, because I thought I'd never hear from him again after that, but recently he turned up on my journal, so it seems that he's back (for the time being).

Anyway, I've gotta run. Don't worry, everything will be fine. He doesn't know where I live.
Anne

"Well, sir, I had to try to figure out why a development company in atlanta is building generators in old loft apartments. And something about ghosts."

*blank stare*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:29 pm
Delusional
Entrenched

I got an email too. Mostly the same info but she seems to be personalizing them (nice touch).

Anne wrote:

Anne Schreber
to me

Hello, D.

I hope it's not too obvious if you're getting the feeling that I'm not telling you something. I haven't really mentioned it to more than a couple of people, though, but you're right. There's more to the story of Parrish and I than I've posted on my public journal. It's not the kind of thing I'm exactly proud of, you know?

I met Frank Parrish (aka Mr. Paris - what a stupid nickname) when I was on vacation in Paris earlier this year. The long and the short of it is that I ended up drinking way too much and didn't really feel like going home alone. I get lonely every now and then (who doesn't, right?) The next day, he took me to Gare Du Nord station, where he proceeded to drop my camera while attempting to be charming. I was so angry!

He posted the Craigslist missed connection ad after that, I guess, politely avoiding mentioning the night before (such a gentleman), but still dropping enough clues so that I'd know it was him. I didn't want to really acknowledge him, because I thought I'd never hear from him again after that, but recently he turned up on my journal, so it seems that he's back (for the time being).

Anyway, I've gotta run. Don't worry, everything will be fine. He doesn't know where I live. And he definitely has no connection to Vapor, Inc. Don't be silly!
Anne

On 9/27/05, delusional696 left <delusional696@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Ms. Schreber,

I know you don't know me but please believe what i tell you.
I have been watching vaporlofts for sometime now, although i don't know exactly what there up to I do know they're up to something.
This Mr .Paris (aka Franklin Parrish) is working for them, I'm not sure in what capacity but i believe he is meant to watch over you.
I suggest staying far away from him.

Why do i get the feeling you know more than your telling Anne?

Best Of Luck,
Delusional

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:53 pm
Abraxas
Unfettered

I posted quote.html earlier and was afraid I might get trouted for it...ha. Razz

Now I'm hurt. Laughing I sent Anne a similar mail - Parrish's connections to VaporLofts and so on, nothing specific - and got a non-specific answer back. Basically, "Mr Paris is a prick". But nothing else. Too early for it, I guess (three days ago, I believe, too lazy to check now...).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:22 pm
 ICQ Number 
anonymouse
Boot

The blurry card

What is the deal with the blurry card? It has been mentioned, but no one has discussed it yet. http://vaporlofts.com/paris/300.html

I'll hazard a guess that it's a king, the guitar pick shaped red looks like it might be hearts.

it is located in the vaporlofts paris site ---> does it refer to Mr.Paris?

it it blurry,---> we can't see the truth?

Hearts,---> life? or romance? i f this person is after either, it doesn't bode well for anne

and the source text: "better living through finance"

apparently from one web site, the king of hearts is always with his sword through his head, often called the "suicide king."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:05 am
kyameel
Boot

RoLLiNg_sToNe wrote:
regarding the voice, the concensus seems to be that it says "what do you want?" or it's saying a name "Robert something". does that help at all?

In anne's lj, at this entry, *Mr. Paris* sent her an enhanced sound file of the voice from the video.

A commenter (an unforums member prolly? not too sure) said when audio is reversed, it says "all graves live on". When on actual/ original mode "what do you want" comes out, or even a "Robert something"

Frankly the audio creeped me out.

BTW, I posted a *lighted up* version of floor1c.jpg at Gateway images thread, at page 4.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:39 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Sporky
Veteran

Yeah the audio creeped me out too. A bit too drunk and paranoid to listen to it again. (shutup not an alcoholic, just had a harsh night;))

I keep thinking about that card, but I just don't see what it'd mean. But I have about three hours til college so I'll have a look about.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:29 am
GlitchTybalt
Boot

some ponderances on the odd lines in 5193.htm...

Electrophysiologically consubstantiation antipodean yond md my x, Tetrahydrocannabinol architecture's scepterlesses vallecular elver pep pc pr we a. Nonrepresentationalism structurelessness checkerberry afire hub ah ai am ha we a i. Temptation's heists why? (Information Missing) Disadvantageousness administrationist freewheeler freeholder hurry hook you oh.

Electrophysiologically--Electrophysiology is the science and branch of physiology that pertains to the flow of ions in biological tissues and, in particular, to the electrical recording techniques that enable the measurement of this flow and the potential changes (signals) related to them. In almost all cases, electrophysiological techniques record the voltage maintained across a cell membrane (i.e. the electrical potential difference between the inside and outside of a cell) or the ion currents that flow across a cell membrane (i.e. the movement of ions from the inside of the cell to the outside or vice versa). The term electrophysiology is used to describe both a scientific discipline (the study of the electrical properties of biological cells) and also a methodological approach (the means to study the electrical properties of biological cells). Each of these aspects of electrophysiology will be dealt with here, in turn.

consubstantiation--Consubstantiation is a theory which (like the competing theory of transubstantiation, with which it is often contrasted) attempts to describe the nature of the Christian Eucharist in terms of philosophical metaphysics. It holds that during the sacrament the substance (a technical philosophical term which refers to the fundamental reality of a thing) of the body and blood of Christ are present alongside the substance of the bread and wine, which persists. This view is often attributed to the Lutheran church. However, the Lutheran church formally objects to the description of the Eucharist in terms of any philosophical theory. Lutherans hold that this rejection of metaphysical explanations of Christ's presence is not contradicted by the fact that both the writings of Martin Luther and documents of the church itself often refer to the body and blood of Christ as "in, with, and under" the bread and wine.

antipodean--Antipodes (from Greek anti- "opposed" and pous "foot") means "diametrically opposed", and more specifically refers to the opposite side of the Earth, the region of the antipodal point, from where one is located. People living in that region are referred to as "Antipodeans". In the United Kingdom, "The Antipodes" and "Antipodeans" are often used to refer to Australia and New Zealand.

yond--Furious; mad; angry; fierce. "Then wexeth wood and yond."

md--your guess...

my

x,

Tetrahydrocannabinol--Tetrahydrocannabinol, also known as THC, Δ9-THC, Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), Δ1-tetrahydrocannabinol (using an older numbering scheme), or dronabinol. It is the main psychoactive substance found in the hemp plant Cannabis sativa. It was isolated by Raphael Mechoulam and Yechiel Gaoni from the Weizmann Institute in Rehovot, Israel in 1964. In pure form it is a glassy solid when cold and becomes viscous and sticky if warmed. THC has a very low solubility in water, but a good solubility in most organic solvents such as pure ethanol or hexane.

architecture's

scepterlesses-- ???

vallecular--pertaining to or like a groove.

elver--Another name for Eel

pep

pc

pr

we

a.

Nonrepresentationalism--A book by Kant

structurelessness--Possible reference to a book by Jo Freeman, a book on Group Dynamics

checkerberry--another name for Wintergreen, A low-growing, creeping evergreen plant.

afire

hub

ah

ai

am

ha

we

a

i.

Temptation's heists why? (Information Missing)

Disadvantageousness

administrationist

freewheeler

freeholder

hurry

hook

you

oh.

----------------------------
those without description are words that are obvious in meaning, or lack completely therof. any clues? links? Ideas? Maybe some heavy narcotics to ease the the pain that I'm---OH GOD MY BRAIN IS ON FIRE!!!@#!@!#$1

"Well, sir, I had to try to figure out why a development company in atlanta is building generators in old loft apartments. And something about ghosts."

*blank stare*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:00 am
dtg71
Boot

I'm pretty sure the audio file is reversed ... not sure how to play it backwards though. I've listened to quite a few songs in reverse when my mother was trying to convince me that Satan was behind all rock n' roll music

(OT: for example, did you know that 'another one bites the dust' from Queen, in reverse actually does say 'we smoke marijuana'? ... it's pretty interesting)

Certain sounds simply do sound *like* words when played backwards ...

To me, it almost sounds like "Robert, do you want ...". I would trust the reverse prognosis of the poster on Anne's forum, as I don't think that particular person has any connection to Vaporlofts or ARGN, and simply has an interest in bizzarre occurrances.

So "All graves live on" or "Our graves live on" ... is probably the intended message ...
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:24 pm
Page 13 of 14 [199 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: VaporLofts
Jump to: