Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:36 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Perplex City » PXC: Project Syzygy Pre-Game
[SPEC]tacular! ;) General Speculation (wildness may ensue)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 9 of 9 [131 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9
Axys Denyed
Unfettered

tanner wrote:
ok -- so is sente really dr who ? Very Happy

Does that mean the cube is actually a phone booth?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:13 pm
 ICQ Number 
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Salkunh
Unfettered

who gets to be a darlek then?
(Everyone looks at him.)
Sheppard: Not up close.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:01 pm
earlgrey
Boot

OK here goes - did some googling with dinah abbey road. (I can hear you groaning)
Came up with an IMDB link for Dinah Lenney, she plays Nurse Shirley in e.r. and was in an episode called Abby Road.
So what? well nothing really except her last film role (Technician #2) was in "The Puppet Masters" Very Happy . Made me smile anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:55 pm
Salkunh
Unfettered

theres also a dinah someone or other that did costumes on some beatles movies...I never realised so many Dinahs a) existed and b) had connections with abbey road and the beatles....i think we could google this to the next millennium and back....guess the only way were gonna know is on saturday Rolling Eyes
(Everyone looks at him.)
Sheppard: Not up close.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:13 pm
WaCKo1138
Boot

Okay. I've been thinking (always dangerous) and have come up with the following (I am assuming that Perplex City is in another dimension or on another planet in this dimension and is not on our Earth):

I don't think that our existence is public knowledge in their world. I suspect that only members of the Academy know we exist.

Why I think that:
The question came to me of why was the cube brought here? Assuming they live on a planet that is even close to the size of Earth or is Earth itself, why not hide it somewhere there? Sente said in the article that they can track it because of it's unique nature and find it quickly. If that ability is limited to their world, that makes our world the perfect hiding place. (The fact that Sente needs us to find the Cube implies to me that they can't track it here.)

So they steal it and, to keep it from being found, bring it here. Sente does say they can track it. If it was brought here because they can't track it in our world then he is not being wholy honest with the press there. The first reason that comes to my mind (besides not wanting the public to freak out that the Cube can't be found) is that they don't know of us.

The reason I suspect that the government and/or church don't even know about our world, is that Sente, an academic, is heading up the search. His position could just be a factor of him being the most knowledgable about us though and the government and/or church are still running things on that end.

If most of the above is correct, here's where I think it may lead plotwise:
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
If the cube is not found fast enough, the church and/or government will step in and send their people over (if possible) and/or start recruiting people here. They may also just pull Sente and one of them would become the person "running" us. Sente then might choose not to cooperate and get us to help him in secret.

I've got a few other thoughts and unanswered questions, but I need a nap.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:09 pm
firefox
Unfettered

i think the reason why we have been given the 'pm logs' if you will, even if they are in-game is simply to confuse us.

i believe they are trying to distort the lines between what we know to be a game (that we enjoy terribly but still a game) and what we know to be the people behind it. don't be suprised if they purposely screw with your mind, up to the point where you don't know whats going on. adrians been kidnapped, the cube is real, sente is a chick! lmao who knows Wink but this will be enjoyable either way.

i really need to rent a copy of 'the game' again. if this has any of the same elements, then it will never allow itself to be a game, remember

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
(relating to the movie) they got him to shoot his best friend- and make it look accidental then he jumps off the building thinking he was committing suicide for gods sake, and it was all scripted. yep were in for some confusing mind warping shit. existenz is also a neat example of the game within a game idea.

dinah seemed nice, but there were probably alterior motives for her taking your pictures Razz a memento? or a future puzzle? dumdumdum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:58 pm
beano≥
Veteran

dummdeedummdumm...i tried to avoid the camera for those reasons...darn the web cam...darn the bruce...darn the doof...too late now! Razz

< ^BonoVox^> From the forum: Cube player at Ar holds up message to webcam: "Dinah, bring beer we are parched"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:21 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
songofthephoenix
Veteran

I actually purchased a copy of 'The Game' and watched it 3 day's ago =D
..and yes I believe a mind warp is going to be in play.
We do not even know if Sente or Dinah are the 'good' guys.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:43 am
uptownishnyc
Boot

In response to something TheBruce said in the Dinah Puzzle Thread (sorry don't know how to quote cross thread-- anyone want to PM me and let me know? still new to this), but also adding this to General Spec as it is just that:

TheBruce made the comment about Sente working out of the London Office, and yet he and his people at the Academy can't retrieve the cube in this world/dimension... here's a thought. Perhaps Sente is in contact with the London office, or rather the people in the office, but is unable to physically manifest here. Ex.: the mention of the Webcam, the use of emails, the reference to us.

So, just a thought, what if Sente, Perplexity, the Academy, all of it, are in some sort of virtual dimension-- think Tron, or better yet, Otherland, and a non-malicious Jongeluer-- able to communicate with those outside, even able to print post cards, etc... (no one I can think of would actually change ink color mid-signature-- but writing a message on the back of the image of a postcard would still print as an image instead of as typed-text) and could be jazzed up for effect-- then again still looks like a paycheck rubber stamp signature to me). Also would explain the video with divergent cultures, the ability of those at the academy to keep tabs on all that is happening in our world, and provide a solid connection between our universes without allowing actual physical cross-over.

That would allow the full omnipotent knowledge of all that is the Web, the images on the webcam, the practical discussion of refresh rates, while still remaining in-game.

I'll stop rambling, as probably just babble/useless spec anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:26 am
maxim
Veteran

wacko wrote:

If that ability is limited to their world, that makes our world the perfect hiding place.

That also would allow us to find the cube, and for it not to actually do anything special.

firefox wrote:
...adrians been kidnapped...

Now THAT would amaze me and draw me in. What an idea.

"You complete the jigsaw puzzle
to discover it is a picture of yourself,
finishing that same puzzle."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:21 am
Scott
Entrenched

I've been chewing on a thought fFor a little while now. People are saying the theftt of the cube is the most important thing, drawing the apparently obvious conclusion of the year 1 being when the Cube was fFound, and making a generally big deal of the whole affair.

I'm not saying it isn't a big deal. not at all.

But I am suggesting we employ a little perspective. The academy is, potentially, a thousand years old (some would argue, much less than a thousand). and it wasn't taken very seriously fFor quite some while, we see now, by the rabble rousing and name calling of early academicians.

the academy wants their cube back, most definitely. And others, such as religious fFanatics, have vested interests in its return as well.

But noone is saying it's the *most* important thing. The ads talk about the murder of fFran, which i would think would take more social impact.

What I'm suggesting is the idea that the lost cube -- what we are here about -- is an issue of particular concern to one private organization. The police and other agencies are no doubt looking into it as well, if at least because of the murder involved. Let's not lose perspective on the over-all crime.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:09 am
Page 9 of 9 [131 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Perplex City » PXC: Project Syzygy Pre-Game
Jump to: