Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:35 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
New Video: ECKVA9
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
MorganMGonne
Greenhorn

New Video: ECKVA9

YouTube: Link

Spooky.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:26 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Gimme20dollaz
Unfettered

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
http://eckva.net/database/452/
you
listennow452

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:41 pm
pestoner
Decorated

i think it's getting more and more interesting,but from the lack of replies here it seems like nobody cares? Surprised

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:22 pm
Cougar Draven
Entrenched

This is just the way things are now. The MH and SMM community never quite meshed well with the already existing ARG community here (because, strictly speaking, most of the Slender Man series, and Marble Hornets in particular, never were actually ARGs fully), and that's been compounded with a number of things, including (but not limited to) the average audience and creator getting older, graduating school, and finding themselves with less free time to film and watch, personality differences and fallings out, things like that.

It's a low-interest thing, and as far as I'm aware this is basically the only bulletin board type forum that still has these discussions. It's easier to get information on places like Reddit and Facebook.

Marble Hornets ended almost three years ago, and since then the guys tried a new thing, had a major falling out, went their separate ways, and now Troy is making ECKVA, I'm guessing whenever he feels motivated to do so and when he has free time. The fact that it exists at all is pretty sweet. I try not to worry about whether others are also interested.
Picture that. In your dreams.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:00 pm
CraicIsMighty
Unfettered

There just isn't much to talk about I guess? It seems like ECKVA is suffering from the same problem CL44 was: it's going nowhere in a hurry. Whereas MH started with some exposition to go off of and a bunch of interesting episodes being uploaded pretty close together to hook audiences in, CL44 and ECKVA give little information to go off of and are very slow paced. ECKVA does seem to have more of a cohesive plot than CL44 did, so props to it for that, but damn it still sure is a lot more slow paced than MH Confused

I think I'm going to have to rewatch all the eckva videos just to even remind myself what's going on...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:48 am
pestoner
Decorated

totally agree with both of you,too bad the three of them separated..
but i think that exactly this is the cause of it being slow paced,you had a whole bunch of creators back then,now you have only one of them and he has a wife and daughter too.
anyway,unlike with cl44 I think this is actually going somewhere worth following along the path.
clearlakes to me at least seemed like random nonsense put together in the weirdest way possible.
This time again we have an (unknown) main protagonist who seems to be haunted by his past when he took certain medication to surpass hard times.
This is probably connecting loose ends to what tim went through when he was struggling for more of his pills that kept him from becoming someone else.
I highly doubt that joseph or tim will eventually join in on this,but i cant be the only one that was triggered by "arklistener" Smile
maybe this collective was bigger then we could imagine back then.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:25 pm
sp103
Unfettered

I like how this is going-but again its too cryptic at points and if you don't watch the night mind video explaining it you could be totally lost.

This just needs to speed up.. We get it the premise so move the story along.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm
pestoner
Decorated

not cryptic at all, its just little ARG elements for people curious enough to play around with the website,but you dont really have to,its still a simple webseries kind of thing,its the old twitter and a new twitter, and both of them dont really add much to the story so far.
if something is revealed by anyone playing along it will be mentioned in the followong ECKVA video, if it fails to be revealed, theres still gonna be a hint or the answer right away.
this thing is pretty straightforward compared to series like tribetwelve for example..you get a video like every six months and it always leaves you surrounded by a million questionmarks and theres like 20 places to go online and figure out wtf is happening,dont even get me started about EMH or darkharvest or any of these,because i couldnt give less of a damn about their "story" thats been going on for like almost a decade and hasnt moved anywhere but "oh this guy again..filming himself..in the woods,of course..then switch to a basement,no power here..back to the woods and running from someone,CUT"
all these series have overstayed their welcome for way too long,and i wonder who even waits for their plot coming to an end,i clearly do not.
mh has always been exciting and you could speculate after every upload,but not in all kinds of wtf directions,it was pleasure and it was FUN.
then they came up with cl44 and it sucked, it was flying cameras and masked intruders and this guy walking on a stick and some cctv footage sprinkled over it,so everyone was like "yeah right,thats the sequel to one of the most successful youtube series (maybe) ever?"
Call me an idiot all you want,but i trust troy enough to make this one a good sequel on his own,its a straightforward storyline so far,its 9 videos right there.
If I hadnt started watching mh when it already had 22 entries back then,i wouldnt have bothered either i guess..and i would've never known to regret that.
ive been dissapointed by clearlakes too,but lets give this one a chance Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:19 am
CraicIsMighty
Unfettered

Clear Lakes 44 was disappointing and frustrating. It just seemed to be a collection of random creepy shit with no narrative structure. But I probably would have kept watching it if it had continued. And I'll keep watching ECKVA most likely. Even though ECKVA has also kind of just been random creepy shit so far, at least it seems like it's building up to something. I'm really just hoping we won't have to wait too much longer to get some actual payoff.

I also don't watch any Slenderman series anymore. I've kind of just lost interest in Slenderman in general. I can only watch Slendy just standing there (MENACINGLY) so many times before I can't really find it very scary anymore. And I also used to watch TribeTwelve but I unsubscribed a while ago. It's just a total mess now a days and Adam barely ever seems to make new videos.

I'm really hoping Troy can make something of ECKVA but I can't help but wonder if he's going to be able to pull off anything nearly as impressive as Marble Hornets on his own. I mean he's probably going to have to hire actors if he wants this series to have more than one character so that's already a huge problem. Pulling off a story with only one character is possible but kind of hard IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:06 pm
pestoner
Decorated

they have all hopped upon the bandwagon back when marble hornets started to get its hype,most of them even just copied the symbol to imply what its about.
And Adam proved more than once that hes a genius of editing a shitload of unnerving pictures in the collectives videos,but when your output decreases to what at the time seems like "maybe halloween again",you certainly lose interest when its actually going nowhere.
I dont think cl44 was going to be a slenderseries in the first place, and eckva wont be either.
i also wish the frequency of updates/videos would increase a little to at least 2 videos a month instead of how its progressing now,but it still excites me everytime i see a new one in my subscription feed.
that wasnt the case with clearlakes,and its not always a bad thing when people split up to do new things.
in fact i'd be totally fine with some new actors involved in future eckva things.
i dont wanna talk bad about noah,he sure is a chill and nice dude to hang around with,but his acting is mostly what made me dislike cl44 from the start,hes just not an actor compared to the mh team.

PostPosted: Yesterday, at 9:32 pm
CraicIsMighty
Unfettered

pestoner wrote:

I dont think cl44 was going to be a slenderseries in the first place, and eckva wont be either.

Oh yeah I know. I was glad that CL44 wasn't going to be another Slender series. Hopefully this one isn't either. I mean, I wouldn't mind if Slenderman is in one or two episodes or something, just as long as he isn't the main antagonist again.

Adam was good at editing videos, but I have to say that I really think he went overboard with the Collective videos. A shit ton of random creepy shit in black & white while a collective member (usually the Observer) monologues via scratchy shaking text for a couple minutes straight. It got really redundant after a while.

It'd be cool if Troy could hire actual actors for this series but I have no idea if he could afford it. I don't really know how much money he has these days.

PostPosted: Today, at 11:18 pm
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: