Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Mon May 29, 2017 4:47 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
[Trailhead] Ascend
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 73 of 73 [1092 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 71, 72, 73 
SilentKyle
Boot

"Kyle Silence" posted this on the Ascensionism Records FB page on the Tenet 106 picture.

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
ZMSAZJYNS FMNMF -zmjagfmj-
MNSASMKMNF NQF ZMGQKKMNJMJ
ZMGQNCYJMZ HQDQFQKU TZAGFYGMC AF MFVYGAH CFANJAZJ
Fvzmm Pqiz jqf NYNM QNM MYSVF NYNM C
QNM FVZMM MYSVF jqf CYR XMZQ FOQ QNM m
om
oyhh
acgmnj fqjaaaaaaaau

Deciphered:
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
REGARDING TENET -redacted-

ENGAGEMENT NOT RECOMMENDED

RECONSIDER LOBOTOMY PRACTICES AT ETHICAL STANDARD

Three Four dot NINE ONE EIGHT NINE S

ONE THREE EIGHT dot SIX ZERO TWO ONE e

we
will
ascend todaaaaaaaay

It seems to give coordinates to the Elder Conservatorium of Music in Adelaide Australia.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:26 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
WhatIsTruth
Veteran

I'm back! after quite a leave of absence. I'm going to poke around the different websites and the phone line. Send some messages to Admin in a couple different ways and see what pops up. If you're still in this silentkyle I'll report back if I find anything.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:32 am
WhatIsTruth
Veteran

I talked to a real person! I called the line. pressed 1 got to RAQ. pressed 1 to continue and someone actually picked up and said "RAQ how can I help you". I didn't expect to get that far so I just said "supervisor requesting information" he said "what information" I said "status of Ascensionism" he said "all is well" I said "please advise on further instruction" then it seems like he help the phone up to a speaker because I heard that strange ascending piano tune from the radio/game then he hung up...strange to say the least. I don't think I'll call back again without a better game plan. I was just poking around.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:56 am
VioletSage
Boot

You can try asking about Boris Vian since he was the last clue given. Maby something like "Do you know of Boris Vian?" or "Whats the story with Boris Vain" and see where that gets you.

Another route is you could mention that you have 2/4 of the Geo-cashe packages and see if that gets you anywhere. (you could also mention when we tried to get one of the packages, the person was chased down by people in white vans apparently). Perhaps that will give us an idea if all the info is relevant or just the most recent info.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:42 pm
SilentKyle
Boot

WhatIsTruth wrote:
I talked to a real person! I called the line. pressed 1 got to RAQ. pressed 1 to continue and someone actually picked up and said "RAQ how can I help you". I didn't expect to get that far so I just said "supervisor requesting information" he said "what information" I said "status of Ascensionism" he said "all is well" I said "please advise on further instruction" then it seems like he help the phone up to a speaker because I heard that strange ascending piano tune from the radio/game then he hung up...strange to say the least. I don't think I'll call back again without a better game plan. I was just poking around.

Thoughts?

At what time did you call? Every time I have tried to call I get sent directly to the voicemail system.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:47 pm
WhatIsTruth
Veteran

I posted that immediately after I had the call so check the time stamp on the post for your time zone but it was around 2AM for me. Was just suddenly struck with the curiosity as to how this was going. Glad to see at least two of you check in now and again

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:50 pm
babylizard
Greenhorn

hey guys, new to UF and I've been (obsessively) following this arg/who knows what closely for a few days now, having read this entire thread and researching what I can to...try to fill in the rest of the blanks. like most of you I have more questions than answers. not sure if this is relevant but I called the ascend phone line and got connected with an actual person tonight (about 4 am eastern time) and I asked several questions about who Boris Vian (and his publishing name/pseudonym Vernon Sullivan) is and what his purpose may serve in this deep ass rabbit hole. The person (sounded like a man's voice on the phone, maybe 20s or 30s in age?) stayed on the line for a few moments before hanging up. I'm not sure where to go with this.

I took the survey, analyzed everything I damn well could and have been emailing both email addresses connected with Ascensionism but haven't found anything interesting. i'm hoping I can help somehow but I really don't know where to go with anything else at this point as the weather forecast grid game eventually fizzled out, anything involving abby davis/Stanley/sid eventually did the same, and the geocaches don't really have any real conclusion either. just wanted to say I have a little bit of experience with ARGs and this has been so fascinating to follow. hopefully we get more info soon. the radio broadcast seems to be repeating the same stuff as always. i appreciate the work y'all have been putting into this, i'm not really smart with ciphers or anything like that but i want to help any way i can.

you guys are awesome. i hope this gets more activity soon. :\

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:16 am
babylizard
Greenhorn

and sorry to double post idk if that's passe on here or not but...they posted a new photo on their twitter about 45 minutes ago (currently it's 4:37 am eastern time for me). it appears to be a directional sign of some kind and I've looked at it and looked at it and looked at it and i just can't get anything out of it. i really hope the admin isn't just tired of this/doesn't have an endgame in mind because this is way too extensive. I've been trying to enter different extensions when prompted on the phone line as well and no dice (i tried boris vian's birth and death years, all kinds of random numbers from the Wikipedia article on him i found, anything i could possibly try...nothing so far). wondering what purpose if any boris vian serves in this mess. i'm grasping at straws here. i'm gonna keep trying different extensions and maybe call again asking some different questions once i go over everything I've found again...i'm looking at this from every angle possible and i'm just guessing at this point. i hope people still care about this lol because this being left so open with all its loose ends is really bothering me

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:43 am
SilentKyle
Boot

here is the picture that was posted:

Doing an google search for the picture rotated brings up several different websites that seem unrelated. It looks like the photo has been edited for the stuff on the sign to be red instead of orange, as its orange on all the websites I looked at.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:13 pm
babylizard
Greenhorn

Oddly enough yesterday when i emailed both addresses associated with ascension records/ascend today i asked them pretty clearly for "some kind of sign to show (us) that this is still ongoing" since so many people have expressed interest in this over the past 4 years. haven't gotten an email back yet but this was posted a few hours after my emails so (again, whilst grasping at straws here) maybe this is a very literal response (or i'm losing my mind).

may try the phone line again later i guess.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:57 pm
VioletSage
Boot

Good work babylizard, your info defiantly helps. I agree to how you feel as well.

I tired changing the file extension of the image to various things to see if it was potentially a hidden file but no luck. What stands out to me is this, if you rotate it correctly, imaging walking past that sign and then getting whacked on the head, the last scene you see could be you on the ground (thus the rotated sign upward) and the blood splattered on the sign. How this helps? I don't know :/

I noticed on the twitter for "ascend today"; it has a lot of one word posts about once a day. The obvious would be to compile them all together but that sounds too easy and probably wont yield much; they seem very random.

What did the guy say on the phone? It sounds like he is either thinking of something to say or is waiting for some kind of pass code?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:58 pm
WhatIsTruth
Veteran

I would say passcode or something he has a prepared response to. The best I got him to say was that first conversation. I haven't tried calling back because I'm looking for something more concrete to ask (unfortunately looks like the borris line of questions didn't work).

With the sign picture, I'm not too sure. I mean the most obvious symbolism or whatever with it to me seems to be like an arrow pointing up would be like ascend? due to the definition of Ascend being rising up. But like always that just random conjecture.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:42 pm
Page 73 of 73 [1092 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 71, 72, 73 
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: