Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Sat May 27, 2017 7:05 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
New video : ECKVA6
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
Cyan507
Unfettered

New video : ECKVA6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kNhn94vrYA

I want to go into theories now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:16 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
TheManPF
Decorated

THAT FACE SCARED ME SHITLESS HOLY SHIT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:34 pm
Cyan507
Unfettered

TheManPF wrote:
THAT FACE SCARED ME SHITLESS HOLY SHIT

Yeh, also liked how it wasn't a jumpscare, thumbs up from this boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:42 pm
McWeird007
Decorated

It looks like it's the same face that was in ECKVA5
vlcsnap-2017-03-09-19h02m10s145.png
 Description   
 Filesize   1.19MB
 Viewed   41 Time(s)

vlcsnap-2017-03-09-19h02m10s145.png

vlcsnap-2017-03-09-19h02m45s121.png
 Description   
 Filesize   1.63MB
 Viewed   36 Time(s)

vlcsnap-2017-03-09-19h02m45s121.png

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:05 pm
Scowleasy
Boot

Can how we talk about how genius it is for the main character to have a recording setup? Assuming these broadcasts are totheark-style videos, this gives us a much better in-universe explanation for any weird distortion or effects Troy decided to use. On the broadcaster's side of things, it makes a little more sense to broadcast your message directly to your intended audience, rather than putting it on youtube for everyone to see

Anyway, that face scared the crap out of me too. Narrator's got gloves on, either it's just cold outside or he wants to conceal his identity (even his skin tone) for some reason. Not really anything big to to draw from this, but it's some solid groundwork to start off of.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
MoonMan
Greenhorn

Few things on the video. Because our narrator stated that he never worked at ECKVA, we can assume that the broadcaster was talking about leaving the house. We even get a shot from the window in ECKVA5 ([url="https://youtu.be/ajHmrHiuex4?t=13s"]here[/url]). Also, I am guessing that he is wearing gloves because they don't have legit legal access to the building, something that was noted during the production of MH.

ECKVA6 points out something interesting.

We see this booting screen [url="https://youtu.be/2kNhn94vrYA?t=2m49s"]here[/url], notice it looks extremely similar to the website (compare the messages). The video indicates that the video we see (brightest_light) is played off of the device itself. I also presume this is the same box hosting eckva.net, although unconfirmed. For this to occur, the people running the network must have come back to the house and run the video directly.

Also, why does our narrator have access to the database? Has this been explained?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:19 pm
NA_Fury
Veteran

Cyan507 wrote:

Yeh, also liked how it wasn't a jumpscare, thumbs up from this boy

Agreed! It was a bit unnerving, but not a traditional jumpscare, which is always welcome.

Currently Playing: ECKVA
Currently Following: EverymanHYBRID, Stan Frederick, The Wyoming Incident

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:13 am
Vinny
Veteran

"1 receiver of null"
Refers to SH being the only receiver of a broadcast from an empty (null) network that shouldn't be in operation.

Null also happens to be the title of the last totheark video.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:02 pm
Camero
Decorated

Looks like we finally have some basic information. So this seems to be what we know so far:

-Our intrepid...narrator? has a twitter handle shawkins1926, so I'll call them S. Hawkins for now.

-Hawkins once applied for work at ECKVA and had an interview but didn't get the job. At the time, Hawkins was taking a drug called Preaxin, which has a lot of rather ominous sounding side effects. The actual purpose of the drug is not clear but I'm assuming from the commercial that it is some sort of anti-depressant.

-ECKVA (or whatever runs ECKVA currently) has been getting in touch with Hawkins of late, presumably having kept his/her information. ECKVA, now in control of the Marble Hornets twitter account, follows Hawkins on twitter, has sent emails (including one "accepting" him/her for a "job"), and a strange card in the mail that turned out to have a password to something on ECKVA's website.

-Hawkins owns a shack that, for some reason, still receives broadcasts from the long-defunct ECKVA network. I am guessing that these are rabbit-ear style signals? In any case, Hawkins set up a device to record and automatically upload any broadcasts to the internet.

-Based on the "don't answer the door, keep watching TV" broadcast, ECKVA may have been under the impression that Hawkins lived in the house. They seem to be aware that he/she was the only one receiving the broadcasts.

-Hawkins has some elementary electrician training and I suspect works in at least a related field. He/she knew how to repair a malfunctioning outlet (most people don't) and had a screwdriver on hand too. On top of that, he/she said something like "I don't have enough money to fix the house up" but not "I don't have enough money to GET IT fixed up." This suggests someone who, with appropriate time and materials, would be quite comfortable performing the labour themselves.

-The gloves Hawkins is wearing don't look like work gloves...they look like latex gloves.

-"Item 452" is mentioned as being 80% complete on the eckva website. As far as I know, no one has yet figured out the password for eckva.net/database/452 Might this be the weird, ahem, "children's show"?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:14 pm
Hazman
Entrenched

Camero wrote:
-Hawkins owns a shack that, for some reason, still receives broadcasts from the long-defunct ECKVA network. I am guessing that these are rabbit-ear style signals? In any case, Hawkins set up a device to record and automatically upload any broadcasts to the internet.

Those "Bunny Ears" are for receiving VHF (Very High Frequency) transmissions, which is the older way of sending TV, which then progressed to UHF(Ultra). VHF is still used for FM radio, whereas AM radio is of MF (Medium Frequency). I assume this applies in the whole world.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:41 am
awakeasaurusrex
Entrenched

Vinny wrote:
"1 receiver of null"
Refers to SH being the only receiver of a broadcast from an empty (null) network that shouldn't be in operation.

Null also happens to be the title of the last totheark video.

What is interesting is that you can't really automatically detect who is receiving a broadcast signal. Detecting a radio/TV receiver is theoretically possible, but it's hard enough using known technology that it would be incredibly hard to

So either this is an error, or ECKVA has technology beyond what we currently know, or they're deliberately messing with our narrator with this stuff. This house which our narrator just unexpectedly inherited? Wouldn't be surprised if they were deliberately broadcasting so as to optimise reception at that very house.

Oh, incidentally, that thing next to the TV is a shortwave radio. Shortwave signals can go pretty far, and I think we even see what frequency it gets tuned to - it'd be interesting for anyone in the general area to tune in to see if there's actual game content being broadcast.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:24 am
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: