Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 
 
Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.
 
The time now is Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:33 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
[Trailhead] Level 7
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 13 of 13 [193 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13 
Author Message
NonEuclideanCat
Greenhorn

Joined: 20 Nov 2016
Posts: 4

reesylou wrote:
W3schools is a great resource for learning all kinds of tech things. Even though I know enough JavaScript that I didn't need to refer to it for this (I looked at the code and wrote down the output), it is where I turn to if I am not sure of something.

http://w3schools.com


This is, in fact, the exact site I used to figure the puzzle out. Doubleplus recommendation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:38 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
emato
Unfettered


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 333
Location: Florida

reesylou wrote:
W3schools is a great resource for learning all kinds of tech things. Even though I know enough JavaScript that I didn't need to refer to it for this (I looked at the code and wrote down the output), it is where I turn to if I am not sure of something.

http://w3schools.com


Thanks! I'm on it!
_________________
"There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in" - Leonard Cohen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
MsDirection
Boot

Joined: 13 Oct 2016
Posts: 58

Is everyone now communicating through the LEVELS site itself, and/or Twitter? I've been traveling and haven't been able to spend as much time on this as I'd have liked.

Just trying to keep up : )

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:07 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
themightymooker
Veteran

Joined: 29 Nov 2015
Posts: 109
Location: Not Quite Lincoln, NE

MsDirection wrote:
Is everyone now communicating through the LEVELS site itself, and/or Twitter? I've been traveling and haven't been able to spend as much time on this as I'd have liked.

Just trying to keep up : )


I am in the same boat as you, friend. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:58 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
OCDCoder
Greenhorn


Joined: 20 May 2015
Posts: 8

Long-time lurker, first time poster, so, um, hello!

Right now, Levels hasn't reopened registration (they say they're going to reopen soon, by whatever definition of "soon" they're using), so they're doing most of their communication through their new forum: http://levels.boards.net/

They also have an official Google Hangout. You can see the link in the forum and on their website. It's unmoderated, meaning we can talk about them without them watching. Wink

Things are a bit quiet so far, but it's all just getting started. And they've started releasing some collaborative puzzles, which are interesting.

There's also a puzzle on their website that leads to other stuff on the site when you solve it.

Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:06 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
docwho2100
Unfettered

Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 327

Site updated and new video

The site has been changed a bit and there is a new video. Site - https://levels.your-host.xyz/

New Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByGuLkQ7-Ww

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:32 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
emato
Unfettered


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 333
Location: Florida

Re: Site updated and new video

docwho2100 wrote:
The site has been changed a bit and there is a new video. Site - https://levels.your-host.xyz/

New Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByGuLkQ7-Ww


There is a LOT of 'stuff' on the site. LEVELS is a great name for it. We are still not sure what exactly it is, but there is way more than meets the eye. Once you start poking it, things fall out.

Registration IS open now too - but things need to be completed first. So far I am totally enjoying it. There is really a lot to investigate ...
_________________
"There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in" - Leonard Cohen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:59 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Zobot257
Entrenched

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 805
Location: Wandering...

Re: Site updated and new video

emato wrote:
docwho2100 wrote:
The site has been changed a bit and there is a new video. Site - https://levels.your-host.xyz/

New Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByGuLkQ7-Ww


There is a LOT of 'stuff' on the site. LEVELS is a great name for it. We are still not sure what exactly it is, but there is way more than meets the eye. Once you start poking it, things fall out.

Registration IS open now too - but things need to be completed first. So far I am totally enjoying it. There is really a lot to investigate ...


What emato said. There's a lot more to this site than meets the eye, and we're only now starting to figure things out. I can't quite go into details here, however. As has been established in the past, whoever's running this show doesn't respect Unforum's "Out of Game" rule, and are always watching. I don't want to be accused of ruining the experience for everyone, but even REGISTERING for this game is a fun experience. By all means head over to the forum and check it out. This one is quite original.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Zobot257
Entrenched

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 805
Location: Wandering...

Sorry to perform thread necromancy here, but...

If you're reading this, why not check out the LEVELS page? There's all SORTS of fun stuff to do there once you get started! Secrets abound, and if I were you I'd look closely at their youtube channel, the source code on their webpage, at their twitter account...

Everywhere you look there's secrets and puzzles and more details to uncover! And we could use your help to sleuth them all out!

Come join us for a lot of fun! Heck, you might uncover something we missed!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:52 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
emato
Unfettered


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 333
Location: Florida

Zobot257 wrote:
Sorry to perform thread necromancy here, but...

If you're reading this, why not check out the LEVELS page? There's all SORTS of fun stuff to do there once you get started! Secrets abound, and if I were you I'd look closely at their youtube channel, the source code on their webpage, at their twitter account...

Everywhere you look there's secrets and puzzles and more details to uncover! And we could use your help to sleuth them all out!

Come join us for a lot of fun! Heck, you might uncover something we missed!


OK MAJOR UPDATE:

LEVELS now has a nemesis called Valin. There have been twitter banter as well as website puzzles on both sites!

First, LEVELS is on https://levels.your-host.xyz/
They have a twitter: @UnlockYourLevel

We have been solving all kinds of crypto puzzles and challenges and all of a sudden this Valin Steel (anagram - anti levels) has shown up and has another whole site full of crypto.

Valin Steel twitter: @Valin_Steel

Things are getting so deep! The LEVELS site has so many hidden things! I just thought I should update this thread, as this is not even close to what is happening! Actually, LEVELS needs a new thread: LEVELS: Find Your Path. Bur for now, this is pretty exciting and active! There is a lot happening on Google Hangouts as well -- all available via the LEVELS site itself.

There are really so many -- levels --- really! I thought I'd pass this on. Didn't see any updates about it here.
_________________
"There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in" - Leonard Cohen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Jung
Veteran

Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 96
Location: Barcelona

Everything you (maybe) wanted to know about LEVELS but were afraid to ask: https://levels.your-host.xyz/faq/ (via @UnlockYourLevel)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Zobot257
Entrenched

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 805
Location: Wandering...

Jung wrote:
Everything you (maybe) wanted to know about LEVELS but were afraid to ask: https://levels.your-host.xyz/faq/ (via @UnlockYourLevel)


Haha! Yeah, there's been a lot of improvements. They also have a facebook page with more puzzles and stuff, which bears watching.

I hate to practice thread necromancy here. Not updating in unfiction really implies that there's not a lot going on, but there's been much activity and we need help solving it all!

Currently, LEVELS is trying to recruit new people, so I figured I'd put out another call for more people in Unforum to come help us. We have plenty of ways of helping people who join in get up to speed if you ask, and there's plenty of interesting things to learn here.

Currently, we need help solving:

- Puzzle #27 on the LEVELS Member section

- Puzzle #28 on the LEVELS Member section

- Looking for any remaining hidden secrets on Valin's web page and the known pages we have

- Tracking down any possible hidden secrets on their Facebook page

We'd love to have the help, and it's a great way to learn about cryptography, and about puzzles, and to discover more of the hidden story surrounding this mysterious and insidious site! Come join us!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:59 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
TrithemiusT
Kilroy

Joined: 17 Mar 2017
Posts: 1

3e22b005b6b785568b287961ce1f4971d8995e4e.png

http://imgur.com/a/9WnVQ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:48 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 13 of 13 [193 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13 
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group