Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:12 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[DEAD DROP] New deaddrop. "A phone. A special one".
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 10 of 10 [144 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10 
The_Stoned_Ape
Boot

ObFuSc8 wrote:
h311b3nt wrote:
"I know how to make it right" ?!?

i wonder if that means kidnapping the girl from Scott Pilgrim.

It seems like the latest Howard's VM came through during the 1st showings of the film. So maybe he sends it as everything is kicking off - he sees/finds MEW's car and decides to "save" her and leaves the VM.

ObFuSc8
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
I really like that theory but they show the phone in the beginning and the date is March 7th, on a monday so we are led to beleive the event's started on the 7th, 4 days ago, while the new voice message came on the 10th. The continuity is a little messed up because of this, also the phone shows the 7th again when MEW is in the bunker, even though they also show that her nails have grown out since the car scene, so we see a passage of time, even though the date has not changed on her phone. Weird. Maybe the event 'froze' or altered time, thus this film not occuring on the same 'timeline' but in the same 'universe'.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:10 pm
Last edited by The_Stoned_Ape on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
kelwhite01
Unfettered

You might want to Spoiler cover that. ^^^^^^

EDIT: Thank You!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:13 pm
Cherry
Decorated

The_Stoned_Ape wrote:
ObFuSc8 wrote:
h311b3nt wrote:
"I know how to make it right" ?!?

i wonder if that means kidnapping the girl from Scott Pilgrim.

It seems like the latest Howard's VM came through during the 1st showings of the film. So maybe he sends it as everything is kicking off - he sees/finds MEW's car and decides to "save" her and leaves the VM.

ObFuSc8
I really like that theory but they show the phone in the beginning and the date is March 7th, on a monday so we are led to beleive the event's started on the 7th, 4 days ago, while the new voice message came on the 10th. The continuity is a little messed up because of this, also the phone shows the 7th again when MEW is in the bunker, even though they also show that her nails have grown out since the car scene, so we see a passage of time, even though the date has not changed on her phone. Weird. Maybe the event 'froze' or altered time, thus this film not occuring on the same 'timeline' but in the same 'universe'.

Howard says in the film that the attacks started on a Friday. But you're definitely right about the dates, there is a continuity error in there somewhere

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:25 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Times-whimy, wibbley-wobbley... Like I said way back in the beginning, some suspension of timeline.... Especially with the phone hack fiasco, for all we know the game was supposed to end a week ago, and they had to scramble for plan B.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:07 pm
ObFuSc8
Decorated

@ The_Stoned_Ape & Cherry - Haven't been able to see the film yet so thanks for the spoiler covers y'all. It would be nice if there was some timeline continuity between this little ARG/ARE and the film, but I guess I'll see soon (fingers crossed).[/b]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:03 am
The_Stoned_Ape
Boot

Pixiestix wrote:
Times-whimy, wibbley-wobbley... Like I said way back in the beginning, some suspension of timeline.... Especially with the phone hack fiasco, for all we know the game was supposed to end a week ago, and they had to scramble for plan B.

Yeah I am assuming the game is over, although I think it would be great if we got a message from Megan saying she made it to the Chicago Bunker...would be so bittersweet if Howard is able to truly protect his daughter in the long run. But I could also see her being dead, but either way
we haven't been given an answer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:04 am
Last edited by The_Stoned_Ape on Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Just an FYI/reminder - if everyone could continue to not spoil the film for people, that would be peachy. Not everyone is going to see it today, right away, this week, or even this month. Be kind, use the proper thread or at the very least use spoiler tags. Thanks Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:09 am
dmax
Unfictologist

The_Stoned_Ape wrote:
Pixiestix wrote:

BTW if you go to quote someone that has included a spoiler - their spoiler becomes visible to you as you're typing. So you can inadvertently read the content you don't want.

Why in the world is there ANY movie information in the game section. Stop it, folks. Talk about it somewhere else.

Also, there's no way that the game is over. Why the contact from the Russian and the embedded pic, just to stop the game? That would be ludicrous.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:10 am
AntaresMHD
Veteran

CloverfieldClues.com wrote:
AntaresMHD wrote:
Give me a link of the video (any type) and I'll rip it in ten minutes or less, I'm around now.

http://www.twitch.tv/helveticat/v/50995366

Have fun! Twisted Evil

Seems like it's gone now! Earlier I saw it was still up, but my connection was terrible so I couldn't even download more than 20s of it, now it looks like it has been deleted. Any possible mirrors?

And yes please, try to keep the discussion of the movie in the spoiler zone thread, there's no release date in my country and while I won't make anyone wait for me until the companies deign themselves to bring it down here, it would be nice if the discussion remains spoiler-free for at least a couple of weeks, maybe? In order for everyone else to watch it whenever they're able to.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:58 am
Page 10 of 10 [144 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10 
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: