Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Tue May 30, 2017 9:06 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[WEBSITE] Tagruato: Employee of the Month
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 5 of 5 [72 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
tstrel
Decorated

At best, that's one of Evangeline Lilly's eyebrows. ONE. Rolling Eyes
There is no way any of the rest of that face is hers.

-T-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:50 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

tstrel wrote:
At best, that's one of Evangeline Lilly's eyebrows. ONE. Rolling Eyes
There is no way any of the rest of that face is hers.

-T-

Evangeline is the only one that's been suggested so far that I do agree with. That is her eyes, nose, and mouth. Facial shape is not hers. Think of it like those "face swap" apps

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:55 pm
tstrel
Decorated

Going by Mr Gimlet's side by side, and my own Iron Clad memory, those teeth are all wrong, lips too! I mean yeah, there's a mouth there, but seems pretty far off to me.

Dat Eyebrow Tho!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:00 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

And that right there is why we may never know. We can't all agree on the faces, and we all have iron clad memories (I myself am great with faces, rubbish with names). With any luck, Steve will be able to get the PM team on the podcast for a post game chat, and we can ask. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:05 pm
hinoai
Decorated

I feel like this chat/podcast, if it happens, will actually be more fun than the ARG!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:35 pm
gimlet
Unfettered

I could not tell you about the other ones. I'm really not sure about the Russian guy. I looked at a lot of actors, nothing rang a bell, even though his face is so familiar for a reason I can't put my finger on.

I do think it is the guy from Heroes though. I didn't try to mash it to fit my own prejudices, I just realized I recognized the smile. It's distinctive. If it helps, it's just from his chin to his eyes. Eyebrows up are someone else. Also the levels have been tweaked and his stubble has been removed so he looks younger. I'm fairly certain, because the lightings the same, but I'm not totally sure. The picture that matches is the second one down on his Wikipedia page though, so it's easily findable.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Coleman_(actor)

But 100 % that is that exact picture of Evangeline Lilly, heavily (heavily!) photoshopped.

How can I be so sure? What fits, fits exactly. It's like looking at ears. They're as distinctive as thumbprints. The lighting isn't just similar, it reflects in her pupils in the same places, hits her eyelids and jutting bone structure in exactly the same way as in the other photograph. I'm an artist, these are things I notice, things I know. That is Evangeline's facial features cut out of that exact photo and superimposed on someone else's face shape and hair - Poorly I might add. Head is looking off in one direction, face in another, neck is all wrong. Some of the other parts where it *looks* a little different are just a matter of levels in Photoshop and the changes that happen when you go from color to black & white.

(EDIT: Took a closer look on a bigger screen and there is something funny going on with her mouth that may be throwing some off. Her lips have been darkened so that it looks like she's wearing lipstick, her top lip has been given a clleft so it a apears to be a cupids bow, and the bases of her teeth have been darkened so it looks like you can see the bottoms of them. Altogether it's quite a ghoulish bizarro Kate Austen/EDIT).

I also am not the one who discovered this, someone else here mentioned it first, and Reddit has a whole long thread about it filled with people agreeing. I just found the original. It was not hard, one of the top hits on Google, and in fairly high definition. Some one else there actually made the side by side image, not me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/10cloverfieldlane/comments/48nomv/fatima_on_marchs_eotm_looks_to_be_photoshopped/

It is ok if you can't see it, not everyone can recognize visual patterns and bone structure, it is both a skill and ability I have, but trust me it's there, it's her.

And I'm pretty sure it was just done as an Easter Egg so it has no great meaning or anything, so I'm now exhausted I spent all that time proving something that's fairly obvious (to me). Please don't make me break out the photoshop. Please.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:42 pm
CynAnne
Decorated

Perhaps...

kosmopol wrote:
Yes, I also suppose, the Employees are a huge insider gag.

Besides of this, Nikolai Roza recalls me on Michael Fassbender, who should play Rasputin, according RT (Russia Today)
https://www.rt.com/news/329843-oscar-nominees-russian-vip/

Well, I am not being a fan of Russia Today, which would confirm the paranoia Angst by Howard - RT is a huge Russian propaganda network. I know the backgrounds of this Propaganda monster and it's not nice.

But nevertheless in this pretended "VIPs have to play Russians" gallery (which is pretty fun though) the photo of Fassbender recalls me on Nikolai Roza.

versus

It might be a 'photoshopped Flea', kosmo...take a gander.

http://i.imgur.com/Y60tPh9.jpg

Hmmm....

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:10 pm
gimlet
Unfettered

Nope, you're assuming the beard is on the original photo.

In fact, I'm pretty sure it's not. It's what's been photoshopped in. And that's the only thing Flea and our Russian have in common. All Flea's feature's are entirely different if you find a picture of him straight on.

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Flea/David+Lynch+Foundation+Honors+Rick+Rubin/Cv9QDLXp5Sl

I took another look at this and I'm now pretty sure it's Micheal Fassbender as David from this Prometheus photoshoot:

http://www.michaelfassbender.org/michaelonprometheusthirteen.html

It was the fake beard that was throwing us off.

The image isn't the exact right frame (the lighting and exprssion is just a tad different, I think he's brought his chin down a little in our image) but even the individual *hairs* are in the right places (though they have been tweaked to exagerate his widow's peak). I think the picture they used was taken a moment or two after this one. I just can't seem to find the right one yet. Though :/

It's not even that crazy a connection. Prometheus was written by JJ's buddy Damon, Dan has expressed a love of the Alien movies a number of times now, and they both seem to sorta be implying that this movie is to Cloverfield what Prometheus is to Alien. On top of that the fictional evil corp Tagruato could be an homage to the fictional evil corp Weiland Yutanii. Weiland Yutani robots are the definition of Company men. Loyal Employees who wouldn't think twice about locking you in a concrete cell if were told to/needed to/felt like it. They'd fit right it in at Tagruato with Howard.

It's probably not important to the Arg, but it's a nice little Easter Egg that works on a number of levels.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:14 pm
v37
Decorated

I don't think Howard is what you would call a "company man."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:33 pm
Cherry
Decorated

I figured we'd have heard news by now that Art Reynoso met with some unfortunate accident in Fiji.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:24 pm
untricky
Decorated

Nikolai looks a bit like Peter Sarsgaard to me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:53 pm
gimlet
Unfettered

You know, I think in my head that's who it initally reminded me of too.

Fassbender and Sarsgaard even look a little alike.

Similar deep set eyes, long faces, medium sized noses, round medium sized eyebrows, frown lines, and thin cupid's bow lips.

I still think it's Fassbender from the David photoshoot because there's even subtler thing's like lighting in common, but it's a good guess. Amd certainly close.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:23 am
Page 5 of 5 [72 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: