Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:03 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
[Slightly OT/META] Game Actions affecting the film?
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 3 [36 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
gimlet
Unfettered

kosmopol wrote:
Jane is cool. She definitely is a Game Master - where "Game" equals "Existence". I played her "Last Ring" (and helped there a little Wink), and her characters are vivid and charismatic. (I even tried to forget, it's for Olympics in Beijing, where not everything was okay, but hey, The Lost Ring was for me much more interesting than Olympics).

She is rather painter with humans happiness than a storyteller, so be prepared for inspired and happy people smiles rather than a deep story though (which is not bad, but de gustibus non est disputandum).

Another documentation of ARGs is "This is not a game" by Dave Szulborski. I enjoyed this ARG Must Read, and Dave was just awesome... Dave...

Thank you gimlet for starting lecture thread, I willl post there my reads.

It reminds me the collapsed LOST ARG "Dharma Recruiting", where money were run out and Puppet masters - Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof themselves read books with people. For somebody it was cheesy, I loved it.

Good to hear she's at least legit! And a nice person with a big heart! That's not something you don't hear often. I think I have a big respect for her, but her works definitely not my taste, you're right.

Yeah, I remember reading something good about the devolution & game jacking of one of the Lost args, but I can't find it... Hmmm so much is lost to the not so permanant internet. Lotta broken links out there. Very sad, all that history is so ephemeral.

Oh, which reminds me a BIG problem with Reality is Broken is a lot of the websites she talks about & championed are just GONE from the internet. Or they never really launched in the first place. Super sad & jarring for a book only a few years old.

I was gonna add This Is Not a Game, as I saw a lot of references to it, but was having trouble finding it, thanks for reminding me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:03 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
slusho!666
Boot

gimlet wrote:
Started my Reccomended Reading thread here:

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1062455#1062455

It's thorough but not exhaustive, feel free to contribute & discuss. When I was reading stuff there's a lot that's hard to track down or OOP, so I tried to avoid those.

Yeah, Jenkins is fine. Certianly more approachable - but still kinda academic. Also more fan centric which is not my thing. Haven't really found my "go to" guy yet. Maybe that book just hasn't been written yet?

Agreed. I really enjoyed reading Jenkins in the context of writing my thesis, but I am always on the lookout for something a bit more accessible/interesting these days.

Thanks for starting this thread! You guys are reigniting my passion here Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:19 pm
Pixiestix
Resident Angry Midget

Thank you! I was going to say, it's a huge disservice ignoring This Is Not A Game by Dave <3
(it is still readily available through Amazon btw)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:24 pm
CynAnne
Decorated

Pixiestix wrote:
You misunderstand what I mean by boring. It is boring to watch someone else do it.

I know people who find doing taxes thrilling, doesn't mean it's worth watching them do it. A documentary watching people debug a computer program, or hide whois files.... okay fine, making a video might be entertaining. Small part of over all picture though right? You enjoyed what you did, had fun, but can you see a documentary about it? Something more than just a small behind the scenes video?

Honestly, I think the Blair Witch has great behind the scenes docus for the marketing {ARG before ARG!!!} And I *LOVE* the behind the scene stuff from ARGs, it's why I went to ARGFest and sat thru panels from games I sometimes didn't even play. I can sit there and listen to a discussion about it, just like I could listen to Stephen King discuss his process for HOURS {sigh}, but watching him actually doing it? nah.

Ohhhh...how I lurved the 'BWP' promotion, Pixiestix - the SciFy Channels tie-in 'documentary' about our 'missing three' and who Elly Kedward was, and the websites we searched, looking for clues...

Good times, good times. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:50 pm
aromerogern22
Boot

I still think we're affecting the "Cloverfield" aspect of the story that was added to the original "Cellar" script.

Two DD's and the second being in a location that would be difficult for Howard to secure is throwing me for a loop.

I still think our actions could result in what stops Megan from making it to the bunker.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:38 pm
aromerogern22
Boot

I feel as though with how the active participants are feeling about the ARG and primarily the ambitious "gimme" attitude of the redditers, that my META theory is pretty spot on. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:51 pm
Page 3 of 3 [36 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » 10Cloverfield Lane
Jump to: