Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:26 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[Video] Clear Lakes 44 - Broadcast #6
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 4 of 4 [51 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Omberto
Veteran

I think one thing people are talking about but not enough is the entity that is the camera. It runs like a security camera, yet is able to move between points and places that are most unnatural without being noticed. Furthermore, we don't know what it's connection to the channel is, but the messages from the channel suggest this is beyond our understanding. The tagline "We're always with you" in particular is unsettling and suggests a level of sentience equal to humans. At the same time, while this being is interested in the people it is following, it seems rather benign to what happens to them. At this time we have no connection between the Cameraman and the Static Man who got Seth.

What I'm more interested in is the connection between the website and the channel. marblehornets.com is acting to this series like totheark acted to Jay and Tim, dropping coded clues and links to footage that may prove useful. The difference is that the footage that "Alex" (I don't like calling him that mind you since he's dead) is posting so far doesn't seem to aid us in any real way.

I know the series is still fresh and going to be difficult to analyze, but right now we're standing holding a bunch of threads that we can see how they may connect together, but nothing that holds them together yet. I hope we start getting more videos and messages soon.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:57 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ReeseSparrow
Decorated

"He will knock four times."[/quote]

Ok, I had to Google this, and apparently that is from Dr. Who, which we know the real-life Tim is a HUGE fan of.
It meant that the Doctor was going to die? So...does Birdwatcher die? We were just introduced! Dunno[/quote]

Well specifically, "he will knock four times" was about death, but not the death that was expected.
Knowing that Tim is a huge fan of DW, and I think if IRC Troy is too, that what they're saying is, this is not what you expect it to be. Then again, I can only deduce so much from what has been given.

I'd actually kind of like to echo the idea that this is something connected to TO/MH (IE, the rake, or another internet legend, but not specifically, TO or MH.

Chaos isn't a pit, chaos is a ladder.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:32 am
gennerx
Unfettered

ReeseSparrow wrote:
"He will knock four times."

Ok, I had to Google this, and apparently that is from Dr. Who, which we know the real-life Tim is a HUGE fan of.
It meant that the Doctor was going to die? So...does Birdwatcher die? We were just introduced! Dunno

Well specifically, "he will knock four times" was about death, but not the death that was expected.
Knowing that Tim is a huge fan of DW, and I think if IRC Troy is too, that what they're saying is, this is not what you expect it to be. Then again, I can only deduce so much from what has been given.

I'd actually kind of like to echo the idea that this is something connected to TO/MH (IE, the rake, or another internet legend, but not specifically, TO or MH.

I knew that sounded familiar. Can't believe I didn't catch that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:40 pm
nirualos
Boot

Can you hear the drums?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:15 am
leadmetodeath
Veteran

nirualos wrote:
Can you hear the drums?

What drums? OoO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:32 am
PortfolioKey
Greenhorn

Completely baseless and premature speculation from me:

Spoiler (Rollover to View):

My theory is that we're working within a mythos/world where The Operator isn't the only unknown/unknowable entity - but that social media/ubiquitous video is allowing a lot of these different forces a much wider reach and base of power than they've had before.

I think in this case we may be dealing with two opposing forces - the Broadcasters/Camerathings/44, which is a somewhat ubiquitous, invisible entity or entities - I'm not even convinced they have any physical manifestation right now, which have been around/listening/watching for long enough that they know about and understand things like public access TV, and they're wrapping their broadcast right now in those trappings as a way to prove understanding/peaceful intentions/most importantly, that people need to watch their broadcasts and distribute them.

The reason for that is that I think these videos are a warning about some much more harmful, disruptive force, in the person of the Glitchy Shadowmen - I think they can watch and broadcast these attacks/abductions, but I don't think they have any ability to stop them directly - instead, the broadcast is meant as a "HEY!" to get our attention. Rule number one right now seems to be that, whatever these shadow things are, you're at much higher risk if you open your door - put me in the camp that doesn't think the Shadow Thing was actually in the house until the front door was cracked, even though it attacked from behind - think teleportation, but teleports that need a certain amount of uninterrupted gap to get to.

I'd guess and hope that the next few entries establish some other ground rules, either about what's dangerous or hopefully showing a failed attack and giving a clue about what insane thing might be "safe" in this universe.

Things that unsettle me enough about this interpretation to make me want it to be true: It means that there are benign or even helpful entities that are still deeply creepy because they're watching people all the time as voyeurs. It means that, whatever is going on in the Greater Rosswood Metropolitan Area, something is being even more aggressive than the Operator. And it means that one of two mutually exclusive but mutually terrifying things are true - either both of these things could be inside your house right now unseen (one watching, one waiting), OR you're at imminent risk of attack anytime there's been a door opened in the last thirty seconds.

Enough to give me chills. Like Bird Box, except with an equally creepy and unknowable "narrator", and people can actually look out windows (they just still can't actually see the danger).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:38 pm
Page 4 of 4 [51 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: